My research focuses on community ecology, biodiversity and ecosystem functions. I am especially interested in the ecosystem function of weed seed predation and how to use it for sustainable weed control in agricultural fields. I primarily conduct research in Sweden but I am working with data from several European countries.
I participate in the projects:
- Freshh. Farmer acceptable REstoration of Semi-natural Habitat to limit
Herbicides (FRESHH) 2022- 2025
- BioAWARE. Could Biodiversity Assure Weed regulAtion for Resilient Ecosystem service provision?
- UPSCALE. Realizing the transformative potential of push-pull technology by expanding its scope and applicability
- Member of the biodiversity and biocontrol lab and ecosystem services group in the Ecology department of SLU.
- Since May 2022 Postdoctoral researcher at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Ecology in Uppsala.
- 2017-2022 PhD in Biology with specialisation in Ecology at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Ecology, Uppsala. PhD focus on weed seed predation.
- 2014-2017 Master in Biology at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Fish and Wildlife Management, Umeå. Master focus on the management of fish and wildlife populations
- Daouti, E., Jonsson, M., Vico, G., Menegat, A. 2022. Seed predation is key to preventing population growth of the weed Alopecurus myosuroides. Journal of Applied Ecology, 59(2), 471-482
- Carbonne, B.,Bohan, D.A., Foffova, H., Daouti, E., Frei, B., Neidel, V., Saska, P.,Skuhrovec, J., Petit, P. 2022. Direct and indirect effects of landscape and field management intensity on carabids through trophic resources and weeds. Journal of Applied Ecology, 59(1), 176-187
- Feit, B., Blüthgen, N., Daouti, E., Straub, C., Traugott, M., Jonsson, M. 2021. Landscape complexity promotes resilience of biological pest control to climate change. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, 288(1951), 20210547
- Carbonne, Benjamin, Sandrine Petit, Veronika Neidel, Hana Foffova, Eirini Daouti, Britta Frei, Jiří Skuhrovec et al. "The resilience of weed seedbank regulation by carabid beetles, at continental scales, to alternative prey." Scientific reports 10, no. 1 (2020): 1-14.
- Cavraro. F, Daouti. et al. (2013). Linking habitat structure to life history strategy: Insights from a Mediterranean killifish. Journal of Sea Research 85: 205-213
- Liousia. V, et al. including Daouti (2012). Length–Weight Relations of 22 Fish Species from the Littoral Zone of the Eastern Ionian Sea, Greece. Acta Ichthyologica Et Piscatoria, 42(1): 69-72
- PhD thesis: Daouti, E. L.(2021). Weed seed predation. A promising ecosystem service in agriculture.
- Master thesis:
Daouti, E. L. (2017). Breeding dynamics of a Golden Eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) population in the boreal forest of Sweden.
Postdoctor at the
Department of Crop Production Ecology; Ogräsekologi
Inst för växtproduktionsekologi, Box 7043
Ulls väg 16, Uppsala