I am professor of integrative pharmacology and I have +20 years of industrial experience as Senior Principal Scientist in research areas such as CV & GI & CNS & Cancer & Biologics. I am author of the textbooks 'Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Data
Analysis: Concepts and Applications' 5th ed. (2016)and 'Quantitative Pharmacology: An Introduction to Integrative Pharmacokinetic-Pharmacodynamic Analysis' 1st
ed. (2012). My inter-disciplinary research focuses on modelling different
aspects of endogenous turnover of pharmacological biomarkers. This is done in
collaboration with Prof. LA Peletier, Dept of Mathematics, Leiden University,
the Fraunhofer-Chalmers Center, Gothenburg, Professor Stephan Hjorth, Gothenburg
University, and several pharma companies. I publish in the field of
pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling, and I have run numerous courses on pharmacological data analysis in Europe, the US and Asia (>6000 participants) at both
undergraduate and graduate levels. I have been external examiner on several PhD
- Mathematical Pharmacology deriving and understanding concepts behind pharmacological potency and intrinsic activity
- Target mediated drug disposition
- Mechanism-based modelling of functional adaptation
- Dose-response-time (DRT) data analysis is an alternative to exposure-driven kinetic - dynamic modelling when exposure data are sparse or lacking. This involves studies where the pharmacological response precedes the systemic exposure (e.g. pulmonary drug administration) or when the drug is locally administered (e.g. in ophthalmics).
- Pattern recognition is a key element in pharmacodynamic data analyses when first selecting a model to be regressed to data. Despite being a key element toward further analysis and understanding, there are no formal best practices that scientists typically use.
- Computer Aided Learning of PK & PD in Pharmacology
- 1976-1985 Pharmacist, PhD in Pharmacokinetics at Uppsala University
- 1985-1991 Associate prof at Uppsala University, post-doc UCSF
- 1991-2012 Sr. Principal Sci. @ AstraZeneca +20 yrs drug discovery
- 2012- Professor of Integrative pharmacology, VH/SLU
J. Gabrielsson, B. Peletier, S. Hjorth, In vivo potency revisited – Keep target in sight. Pharmacology & Therapeutics, 2017 DOI: 10.1016/j.pharmthera.2017.10.011.
J. Gabrielsson, B. Peletier, Pharmacokinetic Steady-States Highlight Interesting Target-Mediated Disposition Properties. The AAPS Journal, 2017 DOI: 10.1208/s12248-016-0031-y.
J. Gabrielsson, S. Hjorth, Pattern recognition in pharmacodynamic data analysis. The AAPS Journal, 2015 DOI: 10.1208/s12248-015-9842-5.
J. Gabrielsson, D. Weiner. Pharmacokinetic & Pharmacodynamic Data Analysis: Concepts and Applications, 5th ed., Swedish Pharmaceutical Press, ISBN-10 91 9765 100 1, ISBN-13 978 91 9765 100 4, 2016.
J. Gabrielsson, B. Peletier, New Equilibrium Models of Drug-Receptor Interactions Derived from Target-Mediated Drug Disposition. The AAPS Journal, 2018 DOI: 10.1208/s12248-018-0221-x.
T. Cardilin, J. Almquist, M. Jirstrand, A. Zimmermann, S. El Bawab, J. Gabrielsson. Model-Based Evaluation of Radiation and Radiosensitizing Agents in Oncology. CPT Pharmacometrics and System Pharmacology. 2018 DOI: 10.1002/psp4.122682015
See all publications at Google Scholar
Visit our other sites: