SLU Biobank (www.slu.se/slubiobank) is a biorepository for the entire SLU - the only biobank in Sweden managing only non-human material.
SLU Biobank is located at three sites in Sweden: Uppsala, Umeå and Alnarp. On our homepage you can find information about our services. If you don't find what you are looking for, please send us an e-mail!
Education and degree
- PhD in Molecular Genetics, 2005, Title: Genetic dissection of growth and fatness : using divergent intercrosses in chickens.
- Master, Biology, Uppsala University, 2000
- 2012- current. Head of SLU Biobank
- 2008-2011. Faculty delegation to evaluate the need for an organized biobank at SLU. Project leader, implementing of a LIMS system (Laboratory Information Management System) for the dog genetics group biobank and Husdjursgenetiska laboratoriet, SLU. Part of developing a database for animal data at Lövsta research farm.
- 2005-2008. Project manager for “The Center for Functional Genetics (CFG)”. Research
- 2000-2005. PhD student in molecular genetics.
Relatedness and diversity of nine Swedish local chicken breeds as indicated by the mtDNA D-loop. 2014.
Englund T, Strömstedt L, Johansson AM.
Hereditas. 2014 Dec;151(6):229-33.
Genetic analysis of metabolic traits in an intercross between body weight-selected chicken lines. 2010.
Ek W, Strömstedt L, Wahlberg P, Siegel P, Andersson L, Carlborg O.
Identification of the yellow skin gene reveals a hybrid origin of the domestic chicken. 2008.
Eriksson J, Larson G, Gunnarsson U, Bed'hom B, Tixier-Boichard M, Strömstedt L, et.al.
International Chicken Genome Sequencing Consortium. Sequenceand comparative analysis of the chicken genome provide unique perspectives onvertebrate evolution. 2004.
Hillier LW, Miller W, Birney E, Warren W, ….,, Jacobsson L et al.
Nature 432:695-716. (Please notice that Jacobsson was my maiden name)