I work as an Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment.the
Projects and assignments
- Web editor at the Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment, at SITES and at two research schools.
- Responsible for the area of biological effects, SLU Centre for Chemical Pesticides in the environment (CKB).
- Coordinator for the department Environmental Management System
My interests include
- Scientific communication
- Classification of ecological status of lakes and streams
- Biological indices for assessment of human induced stress in aquatic ecosystems
- Models for taxonomic completeness (i.e. RIVPACS-type models)
- Species distribution models
Tools I work with
I have a master degree in biology and education in science communication from Uppsala University. In 2011, I defended my licentiate thesis at SLU, Uppsala.
RK Johnson, X Zhao, S Hallstan. 2018. Disentangling the response of lake littoral invertebrate assemblages to multiple pressures. Ecological Indicators 85, 1149-1157.
RK Johnson, DG Angeler, S Hallstan, L Sandin, BG McKie. 2017. Decomposing multiple pressure effects on invertebrate assemblages of boreal streams. Ecological Indicators 77, 293-303.
Johnson RK, Hallstan, S. Benthic invertebrates in streams and lakes. In Lindegarth et al (Editors). 2016. Ecological Assessment of Swedish Water Bodies; development, harmonisation and integration of biological indicators. Final report of the research programme WATERS. Deliverable 1.1-4, WATERS report no 2016:10. Havsmiljöinstitutet, Sweden.
Hallstan Simon, Trigal Cristina, Johansson Karin, Johnson Richard (2013). The impact of climate on the geographical distribution of phytoplankton species in boreal lakes. Oecologia, 173 (4), pp.1625-1638.
Hallstan Simon, Johnson Richard, Sandin Leonard (2013). Effects of Dispersal-Related Factors on Species Distribution Model Accuracy for Boreal Lake Ecosystems. Diversity, 5 (2), pp.393-408.
Hallstan Simon (2011). Species distribution models : ecological applications for management of biodiversity. Licentiate Thesis. Uppsala: Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.