2017: Development curricula for climate change and agriculture in vocational high schools. FAO, building capacity for climate change in Republic of Maceodnia.
2017: Climate change and livestock production. Thematic workshop, Influence of climate change in livestock production, use and adaptation measures. UKIM, Livestock Institute, Skopje.
2017: How different data sources affect accuracy of estimated BV in sub-populations (Simulation study). Meeting of jubilee for prof. Milena Kovac, PhD, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical faculty.
2017: Choices in genomic evaluation for small populations. Interbull, Technical Workshop, Ljubljana, Slovenia 6-8 Feb. 2017
2016: Data validation for statistical analysis. Seminar in FP7: Smartbee project. Malta.
2016: Livestock: Population genetic; Genetic and selection; Linear models; BLUP application; Genomic selection. Visiting professor in Agricultural University Novosibirsk, Russia.
1997-2018: Professor (University Ss Cyril and Methodius): BSc courses: Livestock production, Population genetic in livestock; MSc courses: Statistics, Genetic and selection in livestock; PhD courses: Estimation of genetic parameters in livestock
Majority of my research work was devoted to improving breeding strategies in small ruminants, pig, dairy cattle and lately honey bees. In my entire career I`ve been upgrading my knowledge in genetic evaluation and implementation in real breeding programs. Since 2004, I have established continuous research collaboration with NMBU in Norway. There, we developed new model in dairy goat evaluation, but also worked on tool for testing connectedness among genetic groups. My research visit at UGA in USA, help me to be part of the very advanced research team working on genomic in dairy. Also, I am working on improvement of genetic evaluation in honey bees. In particular, I am testing Bayesian vs. linear approach for categorical traits.
In addition to my academic work I serve National pig industry as breeding advisor, which makes me very well familiar with Topigs-Norsvin and Danbreed breeding programs. Also, I have been involved national programs for sustainable use of animal genetic resources and climate change impact, mitigation and adaptation of livestock.
2017: UNFCCC. NationalGHG inventory for the sectors Agriculture and Land Use - livestock
2008-2012: University senate member
2008 – 2018: National representative in Standing Committee for Agricultural Research in EC, Brussels
2005-2006: National coordinator of biotechnology in the Research Fund – Macedonian Ministry of Education and Science.
2002-2008: National coordinator for Animal Genetic Resources FAO.
1998-2002: Coordinator of Adaptive On-Farm Research fund in Macedonia, World Bank.
1994: M.Sc. in Agronomy, University of Ljubljana (Slovenia)
1997: Ph.D. in Agronomy, University Ss Cyril and Methodius, Skopje (Macedonia)
1989- 1990. Advance in Animal Breeding and Genetic. IAMZ (Spain).
1995. Animal breeding strategies. University of Guelph (Canada).
2015-2016. Fulbright research scholar. Genomic selection in animal breeding. Uni. of Georgia (USA).
1 PhD supervisor
5 MSc committees
7 PhD committees
- Zhang X., Tsuruta S., Andonov S.,Lourenco D. A. L., Sapp R. L.,Wang C.,Misztal I.2018. Relationships among mortality, performance, and disorder traits in broiler chickens: a genetic and genomic approach. 2018 Poultry Sci. 0:1–8.
- Andonov S., Lourenco D., Fragomeni B., Masuda Y., Pocrnic I., Tsuruta S., Misztal I. 2017. Accuracy of breeding values in small genotyped populations using different sources of external information — A simulation study. J. Dairy Sci. 100:1-7.
- Fragomeni B., Lourenco D., Tsuruta S., Andonov S., Grey K., Huang Y., Misztal I.2016. Modeling response to heat stress in pigs from nucleus and commercial farms in different locations in the United States. J. Animal Sci. 2016.94.
- Andonov S., Ødegård J., A., Svendsen M., Ådnøy T., Vegara M., Klemetsdal G. 2013. Comparison of random regression and repeatability models to predict breeding values from test-day records of Norwegian goats. J. Dairy Sci. 96:1834–1843
- Büchler R., Costa C., Hatjina F., Andonov S., Meixner M., Le Conte Y., Uzunov A., Berg S., Bienkowska M., Bouga M., Drazic M., Dyrba W., Kryger P., Panasiuk B., Pechhacker H., Petrov P., Kezic N., Korpela S., Wilde J. 2014. The influence of genetic origin and its interaction with environmental effects on the survival of Apis mellifera L. colonies in Europe. Journal of Apicultural Research 53(2): 205-214.