The topic of my PhD project is Modelling and Evaluation of future meat and milk production. The main task is model new meat/milk production and evaluate performance vis a vis conventional production.
The focus of interdisciplinary PhD project is on environmental, economic and social sustainability of future meat/milk production where animals are bred for resilience and feed efficiency. The assessment will be done through life cycle assessments for environmental and social impact categories. For economic assessment farm economic analysis will be used.
The PhD project will be done in collaboration with Future Food (SLU); researchers from SLU’s Department of Animal Nutrition and Management, and the Department of Energy and Technology; and with other researchers from UK, France, Spain and Switzerland in the EU project SusPig and GenTORE.
- Msc Organic Agriculture, Wageningen University and Research, the Netherlands , ..
- Mcomm Strategic Management, Great Zimbabwe University, Zimbabwe.
- Bsc Livestock and Wildlife Management, Midlands State University, Zimbabwe
- Certificate Veterinary Research Methods, University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Certificate Pig and Poultry Production, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Working as a development worker in interdisciplinary work for the Government of Zimbabwe, CARE International in Zimbabwe, Land O Lakes Zimbabwe Inc and Southern Alliance for Indigenous Resources (SAFIRE) for a period of 10 years.
- Convenor for Masvingo Agricultural Show Society Zimbabwe- Poultry Section for 3 years
Zira, S., 2018. Evaluation of environmental and economic impact of extending laying hen period in the Netherlands. Wageningen University, Msc Thesis, Wageningen, the Netherlands
Zira, S., 2018. Relationship of Buy Local Campaigns with Consumer Ethnocentrism and Brand Equity: The Case of the Fruit Trade in Bulawayo Zimbabwe. International Journal of Recent Research in Commerce Economics and Management (IJRRCEM) 5, (1), 44-48
Rodríguez, A.T., Álvarez, A.G., Mijatovic, D., Palikhey, E., Azhdari, G., Cazón, H.G., Wakkumbure, L.K, Salimi, M., Carmona, N.E., Shabong, R.M., Stapit, S., Maneerattanachaiyong, S., Zira, S., Hodgkin, T. 2016. Agrobiodiversity perspectives in land-use decisions, Eds: Maria, L., Ferguson, K. Platform for Agrobiodiversity Research (PAR), Rome, Italy.
Zira, S., Mumvumi, K., 2016. Assessing the effects of land-use change on agrobiodiversity. PAR, Rome, Italy.
Hodgkin, T., Zira, S., Farvar, T., Azhdari, G., Salimi, M., Mijatovic, D., 2016. Landscapes for agrobiodiversity: Documenting the livestock perspective. PAR, Rome, Italy.