I am a researcher at the Agricultural and Food Economics Research Group, the Department of Economics, the Swedish University of Agriculture (SLU). Before joining SLU, I was a lecturer at Vietnam National University of Agriculture (Vietnam). I received my PhD in economics from Massey University (New Zealand) in 2020. I am interested in research on consumer behaviour in healthy and sustainable food consumption, farmers' adoption of sustainable farming practices, and household food security.
I have been an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK since 2019.
2023-2027: "Ethnic minorities’ intercropping adoption in coffee in Vietnam: social demand and farmers’ adoption decision", funded by FORMAS. Principal Investigator.
2021-2024: "Eating green or eating meat? Eating crickets or eating beef? Sustainable food consumption behavior in Vietnam and Switzerland", funded by the Vietnamese National Foundation for Science and Technology Development and Swiss National Science Foundation. Acting country lead for Vietnam.
2022-2024: "Enhancing ethnic minorities’ knowledge and practices in pesticide use for sustainable agriculture in Northern mountainous area of Vietnam", funded by the Irish Embassy. Cor-Investigator.
2020-2021: "Improving food security for ethnic minority households: Evidence from Son La province, Vietnam", funded by International Foundation of Science. Principal Investigator.
2020-2021: "Upland households’ decision making in climate change adaptation to enhance food security in Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam", funded by Asia Pacific Network for Global Change Research. Principal Investigator.
2019 -2020: "Food safety risk reduction strategies: evidence from self-provisioning of vegetables in urban cities of Vietnam", funded by International Foundation of Science. Collaborator.
2018-2019: "Consumer perception of food safety risk and its impact on the willingness to pay for organic food in Southeast Asia", Funded by Asia Pacific Network for Global Change Research. Acting Principal Investigator.
1. Markoni, E., Ha, T.M., Götze, F., Häberli, I., Ngo, M.H., Huwiler, R.M., Delley, M., Nguyen, A.D., Bui, T.L., Le, N.T. and Pham, B.D., 2023. Healthy or Environmentally Friendly? Meat Consumption Practices of Green Consumers in Vietnam and Switzerland. Sustainability, 15(15), p.11488.
2. Manevska-Tasevska, G., Duangbootsee, U., Bimbilovski, I., Thathong, P. and Ha, T.M., 2023. A systematic scoping review and content analysis of policy recommendations for climate-resilient agriculture. Climate Policy, pp.1-17.
3. Ha, T.M., Hansson, H., Hatab, A.A., Darr, D. and Shakur, S., 2022. A risk-benefit approach to the purchase and consumption of conventional vegetables in wet markets. Appetite, 176, p.106142.
4. Ha, T. M., Shakur, S. & Pham Do, K.H. (2020). Risk perception and its impact on vegetable consumption: A case study from Hanoi, Vietnam. Journal of Cleaner Production, 271, 122793.
5. Ha, T. M., Shakur, S. & Pham Do, K. H. (2020). Linkages among risk perception, trust, and information: Evidence from Hanoi consumers. Food control, 110, 106965.
6. Ha, T. M., Shakur, S. & Pham Do, K. H. (2019). Rural-urban differences in willingness to pay for organic vegetables: Evidence from Vietnam. Appetite, 141, 104273.
7. Ha, T. M., Shakur, S. & Pham Do, K. H., (2019). Consumer concern about food safety in Hanoi, Vietnam. Food Control, 98, 238-244.
8. Ha, T. M., Shakur, S. & Pham Do, K.H. (2020). Food safety in consumer’s eyes: evidence from Hanoi survey. Journal of Asian Business and Economics Studies. Doi: 10.1108/JABES-12-2019-0126
9. Nguyen, V. T., Ha, T. M, Boulom, S., Voe, P., Chauch, H., Chialue, L., & Ha, D. A. (2020). Consumer perception of food safety risk in South East Asia: A cross-country analysis. APN Science Bulletin, 10(1). Doi: 10.30852/sb.2020.1130