I’m responsible for the different services offered by Interbull Centre: international genetic/genomic evaluation for the six breeds evaluated at the Centre; provide service support to any queries our clients might have about the results of the international genetic evaluation; I carry out the genetic validation procedure to assure the un-biasness of the genetic models applied by our clients; I’m responsible for the quality assurance with reference to the ISO 9001 quality standard
Not directly involved in any teaching per se but providing yearly a presentation of the Interbull activities and methodologies applied to the master course in animal breeding organized by the HGen department.
Involved in the main applied research area relevant to Interbull community like, for example, developing new validations' methods in the genomic era; inclusion of new traits in the international evaluation, releasing and reviewing of standards and guidelines, ISO 9001 standard.
- 2018Internal Auditor Course ISO 9001:2015,
Bureau Veritas, Gothenburg, Learning internal audit practising related to ISO 9001:2015
- 2016ISO 9001 lead auditor, Bureau Veritas, Gothenburg, Learning ISO 9001:2015 standard, acquiring necessaries knowledge/skills for becoming a certified lead auditor
- 2015ISO 9001 update course, Bureau Veritas, Gothenburg, Updates on changes from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015 standards
- 2012European Institute in Statistical Genetics, acquiring knowledge on genomic selection and genetic evaluation
- 2007Fortran summer course, Lelystad, The Netherlands, Acquiring knowledge on Fortran programming language
M.Sc., Quantitative Genetics, Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
Dissertation: Non-additive genetic effects for fertility traits in Canadian Holsteins
B.Sc., Animal Science, University of Agronomical Sciences, Perugia, Italy.
Dissertation: Progeny test of Italian Chianina bulls
Computing platforms: MS-DOS, UNIX, FORTRAN, Shell script
Software: SAS, MTDFREML, Microsoft Office,
- September 2021 - present : Service and Quality Manager, Interbull Centre
- January 2015 - present: Genetic Data Analyst, Quality Manager, Interbull Centre
- March 2007-December 2014:
Researcher at Interbull Centre
- May 2006-February 2007:
Research Associate at Beef Improvement Ontario (BIO), Guelph, ON, Canada
- Jan. 2006 – April 2006:
Research Associate at Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock, University of Guelph
- Sept. – Dec. 2004
Teaching Assistant (University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada) Animal Breeding Methods
- July 2004
Teaching Assistant (Iowa State University, Iowa, USA) Estimation of Variance Components
- May 2002-Dec. 2003
Research fellowship (Rome, Italy) Genetic Evaluations of Dairy Cattle at the Italian Breeders Association (A.I.A.) in Rome, Italy
- March -April 2002
Teaching Assistant, University of Perugia, Italy,
- Sept. 2002
Course Instructor (Fregene, Italy) Quantitative Genetic and Animal Breeding Schemes for the Italian Breeders Association
- June - July 2000
Academic training period at National Association of Italian Beef Breeders (ANABIC), Perugia, Italy.
- Worede GM, Forabosco F, Zumbach B, Palucci V, Jorjani H: Evaluation of genetic variation in the international Brown Swiss population. Animal Mar 6 1-7 (2013)
- J. Philipsson, V.Palucci, J. Jakobsen: Genetic trends in important traits and inbreeding. The 29th European Holstein & Red Holstein Conference, 4-6th of July (2011)
- V.Palucci, L. Schaeffer, F. Miglior, V. Osborne: Non-additive effects for fertility traits in Canadian Holstein cattle. Genet.Sel.Evol 39(2):181-93 (2007)
- F.Forabosco, V. Palucci, W.F.Fikse: Report from the Interbull workshop in Paris. Interbulletin 37 (2007)