Five researchers from SLU among the most cited
Five researchers from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences are on the 2020 list of highly cited researchers presented by Clarivate, the company behind Web of Science. In the list, more than 6000 highly cited researchers are named, in 21 fields of the sciences and social sciences.
The analysis of the list is based on the 1 percent most cited articles world-wide from the years 2009–2019, compared with articles from the same research area and period. The list identifies researchers who most probably have had significant influence in their respective field of research during the last decade.
Researchers from the US are still dominating the highly cited list, with Harvard University at the absolute top. However, China is about to change the global landscape of science, according to the press release from Clarivate. About fifty researchers from Swedish institutions are represented on the list, among them five from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
Read more about the methodology used:
Highly cited researchers at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, sorted by name
- Riccardo Bommarco, Department of Ecology
- Sara Hallin, Department of Forest Mycology and Plant Pathology
- Björn Lindahl, Department of Soil and Environment
- Karin Ljung, Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology
- Jan Stenlid, Department of Forest Mycology and Plant Pathology
Top 10 universities on the higly cited list
- Harvard University, USA (188)
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, China (124 )
- Stanford University, USA (106)
- National Institutes of Health, USA (103)
- Max Planck Society, Germany (70)
- University of California Berkeley, USA (62)
- Broad Institute, USA (61)
- University of California San Diego, USA (56)
- Tsinghua University, China (55)
- Washington University of St Louis, USA (54)