Four researchers from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences are on the 2023 list of highly cited researchers presented by Clarivate, the company behind Web of Science. In the list, nearly 7000 highly cited researchers are named, 60 of whom are based at Swedish universities.
The analysis of the list is based on the 1 percent most cited articles world-wide from the years 2012–2022, compared with articles from the same research area and period. The list identifies researchers who most probably have had significant influence in their respective field of research during the last decade.
Researchers from the US are still dominating the highly cited list. However, In five years, Mainland China has more than doubled its world share of the Highly Cited Researcher population. About sixty researchers from Swedish institutions are represented on the list, among them four from the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
Highly cited researchers at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, sorted by name
- Mohammad Bahram, Department of Ecology
- Sara Hallin, Department of Forest Mycology and Plant Pathology
- Björn Lindahl, Department of Soil and Environment
- Karin Ljung, Department of Forest Genetics and Plant Physiology
Another researcher on the list is Martin van Ittersum, who is a visiting research fellow at the Department of Crop Production Ecology at SLU. His main affiliation is Wageningen University & Research in the Netherlands.
Search for highly cited researchers be subject, affiliation or region
Top 10 universities on the higly cited list
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kina (270)
- Harvard University, USA (237)
- Stanford University, USA (126)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), USA (105)
- Tsinghua University, Kina (78)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA (73)
- University of California San Diego, USA (71)
- University of Pennsylvania, USA (63)
- University of Oxford, Storbritannien (62)
- Max Planck Society, Tyskland (59)