- 15 June 2022 Professor Rodomiro Ortiz received the Bertebos Prize 2022 On 12 June, Professor Rodomiro Ortiz received the Bertebos Prize 2022. The prize is awarded every year by the The Royal Swedish Academy of Agriculture and Forestry (KSLA) to a person of outstanding merit who is conducting internationally pioneering research and development in food, agriculture, animal health or ecology. Read below an interview with Rodomiro and learn more about his research, the prize and how we will celebrate with him at SLU.
- 14 June 2022 Developing Sustainable agriculture systems: Push Pull Technology in Rwanda Food insecurity is expected to worsen with population growth, land-use change, and climate change. One way to develop sustainable smallholder agricultural systems in East Africa is to use push pull cropping systems. Researchers from SLU are now investigating how to optimize this technology in Rwanda.
- 25 May 2022 Call to attend conferences in plant protection The SLU Plant Protection Network is launching a special call for researchers at SLU for attending conferences relevant to their study subject or project work within the area of plant protection/plant health during 2022 or 2023.
- 23 May 2022 Raspberries - a battleground between flies, yeast and fungi A species of fly works together with a yeast to combat a raspberry-bound mould that threatens the insects' larvae. This is the topic of a recent article written by Paul Becher and colleagues.
Plant protection for the future
Plant protection is about protecting plants from diseases, pests, weather damage, weeds and invasive species. The subject area is of great economic importance for the agricultural, horticultural and forestry sectors. Plant protection includes plant health and research on measures that combat and prevent pests from spreading, as well as research on ecosystem services.
- 22 Aug Seminar with Wiebke Neumann
- 22 Sep – 24 Sep Symposium: Breaking new grounds in forest pathology
- 28 Sep Stakeholder event - SLU Plant Protection Network & SLU Forest Damage Centre
- 29 Sep – 30 Sep Open meeting SLU Forest Damage Centre NEW DATE SOON
- 9 Nov – 10 Nov Swedish Plant Protection Conference 2022