Access to safe drinking water is essential to human health. In Sweden, the availability and quality of drinking water is generally high, but during the last few years several problems with municipal drinking water caused by chemical contamination have been reported.
At the department we work with various aspects of drinking water, including methods for assessing hazardous substances and the efficiency of treatment techniques.
Examples of research projects
- BlackBox – Granular activated carbon as functioning chemical barrier and biofilter in drinking water production
- DiCyano – A smart digital platform for managing cyanotoxin risk in drinking water supply and beyond
- Genomljusning – Optical sensors: the incoming future for process optimization in drinking water treatment plants
- LakePOPs – Identification of hazardous chemicals in Lake Mälaren
- SafeDrink - Quality of drinking water