City: via Zoom
Organiser: SLU Aquaculture, SLU Global together with Dr. Kartik Baruah, Swedish FASA project leader and Associate Professor at the Department of Animal Nutrition and Management at SLU.
Price: Free of charge
SLU's role in the project
Dr. Kartik Baruah, Swedish FASA project leader and Associate Professor at the Department of Animal Nutrition and Management at SLU, explains:
- SLU employs multidisciplinary approaches in addressing critical issues (e.g. poor nutrition and health, diseases) in aquaculture animals, both at national and international levels. SLU's role in the project is to bring together the expertise in the field of nutrition, health, genetics and epigenetics from SLU as well as its collaborating institutes. It is important to employ a holistic approach to address issues associated with feed and nutrition in tropical aquaculture species. One part will be to enhance feed acceptance and feed utilization in Tilapia and/or Catfish by "nutrition reprogramming". Researchers at SLU will supervise two doctoral students within the project.
- International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE)
- West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF/WECARD)
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Aller Aqua (Zambia)
- Natural Resources Development College
- Local feed millers and farmer groups