Carl Johan Lagerkvist is Head of Department of Economics at SLU since 2008. He is also Professor of Business Economics at the Department since 2010. Carl Johan received his PhD in Agricultural Economics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in 1999 and became Associate Professor in 2007. Carl Johan is Editor for the European Review of Agricultural Economics. He is also on the editorial board of Food Quality and Preference.
Ongoing research projects deals with:
* Consumer preferences and risk assessment of food products
* Food safety and security in a developing-country context
* Using behavioral approaches to understand farmers' and consumers' decisions and choices
* Integrating psychology and economics – from personality to behavioral action
* Urbanization: resilience in agricultural production and land use.