Analytical and accomplished professional. Researcher with more than twenty years of experience and verifiable achievements in virology, plant, cell and molecular biology as well as leading a research group, supervising early career professionals and raising funding. Skilled in identifying solutions and approaches to most challenging and complex projects. Committed to excellence in skills transfer and teaching with intend to continue developing a cutting-edge research program that synergizes with other groups at departmental, national and international levels.
Associate Professor of virology / Senior Researcher (time for research in the position – 80%, teaching – 20%) 2010-present.
Dept. of Plant Biology, Uppsala BioCenter SLU
- Group leader and PI
- Obtained external funding
- Launched several new research projects
- Invited speaker at seven international conferences
- "Genetic Engineering”, BI0505, 10 study weeks, lecturing.
- “Genetics I”, BI1098, 10 study weeks, course administrator, lecturing, examination.
- “Virology”, BI0861, 5 study weeks, B level, lecturing.
- “Immunology”, BI0999, 5 study weeks, course administrator, lecturing, examination.
"Immunology and Genetics at the organismal- and molecular levels”, BI1280, 15 study weeks, course administrator, lecturing, examination.
Molecular plant-virus interactions.
Supervised eight Master students, five post-docs
Co-supervised six PhD students
Supervised a PhD student (as a main supervisor)
- fifty-four research articles in refereed journals
- four book chapters (Springer Index of Viruses; Encyclopedia of Virology)
- five proceedings papers
- thirty-two conference contributions
- the articles have been cited more than 3100 times; h-index = 30; i10-index = 48 (according to Google Scholar database as of October 2020)
- four papers have been highlighted by The Faculty of 1000
Researcher at the
Department of Plant Biology; Virology, Eugene Savenkov
Inst för växtbiologi, Box 7080
750 07 UPPSALA
Almas Allé 5, BioCentrum, Uppsala