Fur animal breeding with special focus on sustainable blue fox breeding scheme.
I am working with the research project, which simulates alternative sustainable future blue fox breeding strategies. The focus is on animal welfare, production profitability, rate of inbreeding and profitability of whole breeding schemes.
- M.Sc. in Animal Breeding, University of Helsinki, Finland, 2003
- Ph.D., Animal Science, University of Helsinki, Finland, 2013
- 2015-current Research director, Finnish Fur Breeders’ Association
- 2013 Scholar researcher, Finalizing Ph.D.-Thesis, University of Helsinki
- 2012-2013 Head of production, Viking Genetics
- 2009-2012 Breeding director (2009-2010), Managing director (2010-2012), Figen Ltd.
- 2006-2012 Breeding agronomist (2006-2009), Managing director (2009-2012), Suomen Sianjalostus Oy
- 2002-2006 Researcher, MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Biometrical Genetics