My current research interest is the microbiology of dairy value chain. I am working as a Postdoc researcher at Åse Lundh lab. There are multiple on-going projects with the overall aim to increase the long-term profitability of the Swedish cheese manufacturing industry by reducing the costly variation in time needed for the ripening process, including: 1) recruiting dairy farms and characterizing their production systems through detailed questionnaires and visits on farm; 2) investigating raw milk properties including microbial community; 3) analysing the the impact of farm management on the microbial community of raw milk; 4) selecting clusters of farms with unique raw milk properties including microbial community to perform full scale cheese making trial; 5) investigating the flow of flavor producing Lactobacilli from forages to final cheese, the effect of botanical composition and ensiling.
Publikationer i urval
1. Sun L, Dicksved J, Priyashantha H, Lundh Å, Johansson M: Distribution of bacteria between different milk fractions, investigated using culture-dependent methods and molecular-based and fluorescent microscopy approaches. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2019, 0(0).
2. Dahlberg J, Sun L, Persson Waller K, Östensson K, McGuire M, Agenäs S, Dicksved J: Microbiota data from low biomass milk samples is markedly affected by laboratory and reagent contamination. PLOS ONE 2019, 14(6):e0218257.
3. Liu T, Sun L, Nordberg Å, Schnürer A: Substrate-Induced Response in Biogas Process Performance and Microbial Community Relates Back to Inoculum Source. Microorganisms 2018, 6(3):80.
4. Huyben D, Sun L, Moccia R, Kiessling A, Dicksved J, Lundh T: Dietary live yeast and increased water temperature influence the gut microbiota of rainbow trout. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2018.
5. Liu T, Sun L, Müller B, Schnürer A: Importance of inoculum source and initial community structure for biogas production from agricultural substrates. Bioresource Technology 2017, 245(Part A):768-777.
6. Danielsson R, Dicksved J, Sun L, Gonda H, Müller B, Schnürer A, Bertilsson J: Methane Production in Dairy Cows Correlates with Rumen Methanogenic and Bacterial Community Structure. Frontiers in Microbiology 2017, 8(226).
7. Westerholm M, Isaksson S, Sun L, Schnürer A: Microbial Community Ability to Adapt to Altered Temperature Conditions Influences Operating Stability in Anaerobic Digestion. Energy Procedia 2017, 105:895-900.
8. Neubeck A, Sun L, Müller B, Ivarsson M, Hosgörmez H, Özcan D, Broman C, Schnürer A: Microbial Community Structure in a Serpentine-Hosted Abiotic Gas Seepage at the Chimaera Ophiolite, Turkey. Applied and Environmental Microbiology 2017, 83(12).
9. Sun L, Schnurer A: Draft Genome Sequence of the Cellulolytic Strain Clostridium sp. Bc-iso-3 Isolated from an Industrial-Scale Anaerobic Digester. Genome Announcements 2016, 4(5).
10. Frank JA, Arntzen MØ, Sun L, Hagen LH, McHardy AC, Horn SJ, Eijsink VGH, Schnürer A, Pope PB: Novel Syntrophic Populations Dominate an Ammonia-Tolerant Methanogenic Microbiome. mSystems 2016, 1(5).
11. Müller B, Sun L, Westerholm M, Schnürer A: Bacterial community composition and fhs profiles of low- and high-ammonia biogas digesters reveal novel syntrophic acetate-oxidising bacteria. Biotechnology for Biofuels 2016, 9:48.
12. Sun L: Biogas production from lignocellulosic materials - microbial community structure. 2015.
13. Sun L, Pope PB, Eijsink VGH, Schnürer A: Characterization of microbial community structure during continuous anaerobic digestion of straw and cow manure. Microbial Biotechnology 2015, 8(5):815-827.
14. Sun L, Liu T, Muller B, Schnurer A: The microbial community structure in industrial biogas plants influences the degradation rate of straw and cellulose in batch tests. Biotechnol Biofuels 2016, 9:128.
15. Sun L, Muller B, Westerholm M, Schnurer A: Syntrophic acetate oxidation in industrial CSTR biogas digesters. Journal of Biotechnology 2014, 171:39-44.
16. Müller B, Sun L, Schnurer A: First insights into the syntrophic acetate-oxidizing bacteria - a genetic study. MicrobiologyOpen 2013, 2(1):35-53.
17. Sun L, Müller B, Schnürer A: Biogas production from wheat straw: community structure of cellulose-degrading bacteria. Energy, Sustainability and Society 2013, 3(1):15.
18. Risberg K, Sun L, Levén L, Horn SJ, Schnürer A: Biogas production from wheat straw and manure – Impact of pretreatment and process operating parameters. Bioresource Technology 2013, 149(0):232-237.
The link to Åse Lundh lab