Food Systems Summit
The UN Food Systems Summit was announced by the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres, on World Food Day last October as a part of the Decade of Action for delivery on the SDGs by 2030. The aim of the Summit is to deliver progress on all 17 of the SDGs through a food systems approach, leveraging the interconnectedness of food systems to global challenges such as hunger, climate change, poverty and inequality.
The event will be held during the UN General Assembly in New York and will take the form of a virtual event.
The Summit will follow the three-day Pre-Summit gathering in Rome (July 26-28), during which Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General, outlined the expectations for the Summit, which include:
- A statement of action from the UN Secretary-General
- A compendium of the Summit’s two-year preparations
- National dialogues and pathways for food systems to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030
- Coalitions cutting across the five Action Tracks and incorporating the four Levers of Change around key areas
- A follow-up and review process supported by the UN and its agencies
Online Mer information:
More information about the 2021 UN Food Systems Summit and list of Advisory Committee and Scientific Group members can be found online: https://www.un.org/foodsystemssummit
Food Systems vid SLU
SLU deltar aktivt med forskning och kunskap kring Food Systems. På den här temasidan finns aktuell information från SLU som rör forskning, kunskap, samarbeten och dialoger kring hur vi uppnår ett hållbart globalt livsmedelssystem.