Outputs from AgriFoSe2030
AgriFoSe2030 contributes to sustainable intensification of agriculture for increased food production on existing agricultural land. Policy briefs, reports, annual reports and scientific articles from the programme are listed here.
Briefs from AgriFoSe2030
- January 2019. Overcoming barriers and seizing opportunities in Tanzanian smallholder farming
- October 2018. Slaughter hygiene and meat safety in Uganda
- October 2018. Closing gender gaps in agriculture – a catalyst for poverty reduction in Malawi
- September 2018. Opportunities and challenges for food security in Uganda
- June 2018. Improving possibilities for goat production in Savannaket province, Lao PDR
- June 2018. Improving crop productivity and mitigating climate change by building up carbon stocks in soils of East Africa
- June 2018. Local and regional variations in conditions for agriculture and food security in Kenya.
- June 2018. Livestock interventions in low-income countries: What works and why?
- June 2018. Knowledge exchange to promote sustainable development of small-scale aquaculture
- June 2018. Does labour invested in sustainable intensification practices give sufficient yield returns?
- April 2018. Gender issues in contemporary research on agriculture for food security. Knowledge gaps and key issues across the AgriFoSe2030 themes
This brief can be referred as: AgriFose2030, 2018. Gender issues in contemporary research on agriculture for food security: Knowledge gaps and key issues across the AgriFoSe2030 themes. AgriFoSe2030 brief.
- June 2017. What do we know about food security in homegardens of Sri Lanka?
- May 2017. Agriculture for Food Security (AgriFoSe2030) Translating science into policy and practice
Briefs in collaboration with ILRI
- November 2018. ILRI and AgriFose2030 support Kenyan scientists to disseminate their research in a policy dialogue and dissemination forum
- October 2018. Improving camel milk quality and safety for higher incomes for pastoralists
- October 2018. Safe traditional vegetables for increased income, food security and nutrition
- October 2018. Droughts in Eastern Kenya: What this means for drought management
- October 2018. Improving tick-borne diseases control in Kenya: A strategy to incorporate multiple approaches
- October 2018. Prickly pear cactus invasion: a major threat to biodiversity and food security in the drylands of Kenya
- October 2018. Looming threat from disease: a wake up call for Kenyan tilapia fish production
- October 2018. In the "Big Four", food security looms tall - but not without irrigated wheat
- October 2018. Replenish millions of Kenyan household's granaries through forest restoration
- October 2018. Conservation agriculture: can it safeguard our soils?
- October 2018. Awakening the underutilised potential of tourism at the Mount Elgon protected areas, Trans Nzoia and Bungoma counties
- October 2018. Urban agriculture: The neglected gem for food security in Kenya
- October 2018. Commercial pasture production and its economic feasibility in asal counties
AgriFoSe report 1, 2017 "Agricultural policy in sub-Saharan Africa and its relevance for smallholder farmers, women and youth - A policy baseline report for sub-Saharan Africa at the continental, regional and national level"
Reports in collaboration with other parties
Nyawira S.S.; Sommer R. 2018. East Africa Soil Carbon Workshop – Science to inform policy. Technical Report. CIAT Publication No. 468. International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT). Nairobi, Kenya. 14 p.
Annual reports from AgriFoSe2030
Scientific articles from AgriFoSe2030
- Modelling habitat and spatial distribution of the edible insect Henicus whellani Chop (Orthoptera: Stenopelmatidae) in south-eastern districts of Zimbabw. Chemura A, Musundire R, Chiwona-Karltun L, 2019.
- What is good about Sri Lankan homegardens with regards to food security? A synthesis of the current scientific knowledge of a multifunctional land-use system. Mattsson E, Ostwald M, Nissanka P. 2017.