- 27 January 2022 Interactions between soil organic carbon and mineral constituents and its consequences for soil structure and physical processes How does organic carbon in the soil, the structure of the soil and different physical processes...
- 21 December 2021 Summary of 2021 for Drylands Transform Every year has its own challenges and this year Covid-19 has been one of them. However, during 20...
- 06 December 2021 Challenges in terms of land use in a changing climate World Soil Day is held annually on 5 December to emphasise the importance of healthy soils and to...
Research and Education
Our research seeks knowledge about the interaction between man, soil, plant and the surrounding environment in forest and agricultural landscapes as well as urban environments. On a mission from the government, we carry out monitoring and assessment in agricultural landscapes, forest and eutrophication.
We teach at several of SLU’s undergraduate programs and run two masters programs. Our post-graduate training involves around thirty PhD candidates. On behalf of Swedish authorities, we collect, analyze and report data on the state of the environment.
- 2 Feb CANCELLED! Worth knowing: Skogens bidrag som kolsänka och förnybar resurs
- 16 Feb Worth knowing: Är återvätning av torvmarker klimatsmart?
- 17 Feb Relations between soil organic carbon, soil structure and physical processes in an agricultural topsoil : The role of soil mineral constituents
- 16 Mar PhD-halftime seminar by Lukas Hallberg
- 9 Nov – 10 Nov Swedish Plant Protection Conference 2021