Integrated monitoring of ecosystems means physical, chemical, and biological measurements. Different measurements are made simultaneously in a defined area. This is done continuously and forms a consistent time series. For the measurements to be comparable, data from all monitoring sites needs to be collected in the same manner. This is ensured by the manual. Altogether, this forms a system that helps distinguish natural from anthropogenically induced effects.
Current edition of the ICP IM Monitoring manual
Editions of the Monitoring manual
- Original edition of the ICP IM manual, published in August 1998.
- Updates in 2001, 2003, and 2004.
- Changes in reporting of biological data (subprogrammes: VG, VS) in 2010.
- Original edition of the ICP IM manual in Russian, published 2013.
- Transferred to new Syke web pages in 2013.
- Reporting of EP subprogramme updated in 2021.
- Minor linguistic and layout updates in 2022.
Suggested citation of the ICP IM Monitoring manual
International Cooperative Programme on Integrated Monitoring of Air Pollution Effects on Ecosystems (2022). Manual for Integrated Monitoring. Edition 7. The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.