The campus is located in the South-Central part of Sweden, 180 km NW of Stockholm. Here, forestry education has been provided since 1945. Along with university training, SLU also conducts research and international projects in Skinnskatteberg.
Skinnskatteberg is situated between the northern coniferous forest region and the southern mixed forest region. This is an excellent starting point for showing forest production and environmental aspects under several geographical conditions.
The School for Forest Management rests on four major pillars of activities:
- Education , with the BSc programme in Forest Management
- In-service training
- International co-operation
- Applied interdisciplinary research on Sustainable Forest Management
Other main fields of expertise are rural development, forest governance, landscape planning, pedagogical methodologies, curriculum development and institutional capacity building.
Find your way at Skinnskatteberg campus
Click on the picture to see a larger map.
The numbers at the map over Skinnskattebergs herrgård are:
- Herrgården - lesson rooms, library
- Västra flygeln - office
- Östra flygeln
- Övre strömflygeln
- Stallet - student's lodgings
- Övre/nedre lab - upper and lower laboratories
- Magasinet - student's lodgings
- Tre kolare - students' union
- Tre kolare - student's lodgings, private
- Kommunhuset - lesson room S
- Gula paviljongen - guest hotel
- Nedre strömflygeln