Alex Appiah Mensah
My current research project is about: Boreal forest growth and yield estimation under changing climatic conditions in Sweden using data from National Forest Inventory, long-term experimental sites and remote sensing.
Additionally, an advanced decision support system (Heureka) will be used for making growth projections and assess long-term effects of using growth for substitution and nature conservation.
1. Appiah, M.A, Awuah, K.T, Ankomah, O.G, Abduali, I. (2018). Habitat suitability mapping of African Mahogany (Khaya anthotheca Welw. C.DC.) under current and future climatic conditions across tropical forest gradient in Africa. Journal Forest Ecosystems. Manuscript ID: FECS-D-18-00131. Under review.
2. Appiah, M.A., Akoto, S.D., and S.T., Partey. (2017). Assessment of vegetation dynamics using remote sensing and GIS: A case of Bosomtwe Range Forest Reserve, Ghana. Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Sciences, Manuscript ID: EJRS249. Accepted.
3. Daniel S. Akoto, Manfred Denich, Samuel T. Partey, Oliver Frith, Michael Kwaku, Alex A. Mensah and Christian Borgemeister. Socioeconomic Indicators of Bamboo Use for Agroforestry Development in the Dry Semi-Deciduous Forest Zone of Ghana. Sustainability 2018, 10(7), 2324.
4. S. D. Akoto, R. Obour, M. A. Appiah, and A. P. Frimpong. (2017). Bamboo use for the housing industry in Ghana: Urban Stakeholders’ Perception. Journal of Energy and Natural Resource Management (JENRM), 3(3).
5. Akoto, S.D., Afrifa, A.B., Appiah, M.A. and J., Biney. (2017). Market Survey of Non-Timber Forest Products in the Sunyani Municipality. Journal of Energy and Natural Resource Management (JENRM), 3(2).
6. Akoto, S.D., Otoo, D., Appiah, M.A., and A.F., Ayisah. (2016). Allometric Modelling of Tectona grandis for Diameter at Breast Height and Crown Collar Diameter Estimations in the Dry Semi-Deciduous Forest Zone of Ghana. Journal of Natural Sciences Research, ISSN 2224-3186 (Paper) and ISSN 2225-0921 (Online), Vol. 6, No. 18.
7. Akoto, S.D., Abebrese, I.K., Partey, S.T., and Appiah, M.A. (2016). Earthen Storage Influence on Sprouting of Terminalia ivorensis (A. Chev) Stem Cuttings. Journal of Natural Sciences Research, ISSN 2224-3186 (Paper) and ISSN 2225-0921 (Online), Vol. 6, No. 10.
8. Akoto, S.D., Appiah, M.A., Appiah, D.D. (2016). Vegetative propagation of Rambutan (Nephelium lappaceum) by marcotting: effect of indole-3-butyric acid concentration. International Journal of Advanced Biological and Biomedical Research, 5(1), 286-294.