My research focus is on human induced environmental change and behavioural ecology, both as separate research fields, and combined. I joined SLU Aqua in May 2019 to work on management of the European eel.
Where have all the fishes gone?, course organizer, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences. 2020
Invited lecturer, Misconduct and whistleblowing, part of the course: Foundational philosophy of ecology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences. 2020
Overview of ethics in research, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences. 2019-2020
Invited lectures on Misconduct and whistleblowing, at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway, and at Uppsala University. 2017-2019
Evolusjonsbiologi, økologi og etologi, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway. 2019
Ekologi och populationsgenetik, Uppsala University. 2013
Faunistik, vertebrater, Uppsala University. 2010-2013
Organismernas evolution och mångfald, Uppsala University. 2009-2012
PhD-student Erik Karlsson, (co-supervisor), Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, 2019-ongoing
MSc Johan Rudin, University of Gothenburg, 2014
MSc Siri Myhren, Norwegian University for Science and Technology, 2012/2013 (published as Sundin et al. 2016 Ethology)
BSc Victoria Härlin, Gotland University, 2012/2013, (published as Sundin et al. 2016 Ethology)
MSc Charlotte Lindqvist, Uppsala University, 2011/2012
BSc Örjan Jacobsson, Gotland University, 2010 (published as Sundin et al. 2011 J. Fish Biol.)
BSc Charlotte Lindqvist, Gotland University, 2010 (Lindqvist et al. 2011 J. Fish Biol.)
32. Clark TD, Raby GD, Roche DG, Binning SA, Speers-Roesch B, Jutfelt F & Sundin J. 2020. Ocean acidification does not impair the behaviour of coral reef fishes. Nature, 577:370–375.
31. Sundin J, Morgan R, Finnøen MH, & Jutfelt F. 2019. On the observation of wild zebrafish (Danio rerio) in India. Zebrafish J, 16:546-553.
30. Jutfelt F, Roche DG, Clark TD, Norin T, Binning SA, Speers-Roesch B, Amcoff A, Morgan R, Andreassen AH, Sundin J. Brain cooling marginally increases acute upper thermal tolerance in Atlantic cod. J Exp Biol, 222(19), jeb20824929.
29. Morgan R, Sundin J, Finnøen MH, Dresler G, MartínezVendrell M, Dey A, Sarkar K & Jutfelt F. 2019. Are model organisms representative for climate change research? Testing thermal tolerance in wild and laboratory zebrafish populations. Conserv Physiol, 10.1093/conphys/coz036
28. Sundin J, Amcoff M, Mateos-González F, Raby GD & Clark TD. 2019. Long‐term acclimation to near‐future ocean acidification has negligible effects on energetic attributes in a juvenile coral reef fish. Oecologia, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00442-019-04430-z
27. Sundin J, Jutfelt F, Thorlacius M, Fick J & Brodin T. 2019. Behavioural alterations induced by the anxiolytic pollutant oxazepam are reversible after depuration in a freshwater fish. Sci Total Environ, Doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.02.049
25. Saaristo M, Brodin T, Balshine S, Bertram MG, Brooks BW, Ehlman SM, McCallum ES, Sih A, Sundin J, Wong BBM & Arnold KE. 2018. Direct and indirect effects of chemical contaminants on the behaviour, ecology and evolution of wildlife. Proc R Soc Lon B Biol, 285: 20181297.
24. Sundin J & Jutfelt F. 2018. Keeping science honest. Science, 359:1443.
23. Binning, SA, Jutfelt F & Sundin J. 2018. Exorcise citations to the ‘living dead’ from the literature. Nature, 558:189.