My main task is to conduct research including supervision and mentoring PhDs and post docs. My position is one of the Cropping System Platform initiatives for an improved connection between horticultural, agricultural and silvicultural research. I teach through lectures integrating exercises, and through supervision of individual theses work in agronomy, garden engineering, and agroecology, and I am course leader of ”Environmental Issues in Crop Production”.
- Sustainable development in crop production (basic level)
- Soil biology in crop production (basic level)
- Thesis writing in crop production (basic level)
- Biodiversity in the agricultural landscape (basic level)
- Meadow habitats and artificial meadows (advanced level)
- Environmental goals in crop production (advanced level)
- Thesis writing in environmental issues in crop production (advanced level)
On going research projects
- Assessing the ecosystem services associated with options of change in landscape composition and re-organization of agricultural and forest land in Sweden
- Generic bio-inventory of functional soil microbial diversity in permanent grassland ecosystems across management and climate (BIOINVENT)
Completed research projects
- Nitrogen dynamics in a perennial cereal (KerNza) for future sustainable cropping systems (CRAFOORD)
- Enhancing biomass production from marginal lands with perennial grasses (GrassMargins) (EU FP7)
- Establishment and management methods for meadow vegetation (KSLA)
- Vertical green as a modern building material and its consequences for building performance and street canyon climate (FORMAS)
I meet farmers and other stakeholders in different parts of my everyday worklife. I cooperate with researchers in Sweden, Europe and US.
M Sci Environmental Science, Lund University
Ph Dr Ecology, Lund University
Bachelor theses in agronomy, garden engineering and biology.
Master theses in Agroecology.