I am the course leader for "Topics in contemporary applied agricultural economics I" (NA0180) and thesis courses in Economics for B.Sc. and M.Sc. (EX0903, EX0905, EX0907). I am teaching parts of "Production Economics" (FÖ0476). I was course leader for "Microeconomics and its applications in agricultural and environmental economicsand" (NA0183) in VT2020.
Ongoing externally funded projects:
I am main applicant for Formas funded project "Towards fossil-independent dairy farming in Sweden: Technical strategy, climate and economic effects, drivers and barriers", and co-applicant for Formas funded projects "Economic policy instruments to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the Swedish food sector (EPIC)" (led by Dr. Sarah Säll), "How do we achieve fossil-free agriculture in Sweden" (led by Prof. Dr. Per-Anders Hansson), "Stop the spread of Mycoplasma bovis and protect free herds" (led by Dr. Stefan Widgren), and "A strong pulse - resilient Swedish grain legume supply from field and factory to fork" (led by Prof. Dr. Maud Langton).
- 2019 - present, Researcher, Department of Economics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
- 2016 - 2019, Postdoc, Department of Economics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala, Sweden
- 2011 – 2015, Ph.D. student, research assistant for Prof. Dr. Bernhard Brümmer, Georg-August-University Göttingen, Germany.
- 2014, Exchange Ph.D. student, research assistant for Prof. Dr. Lynn Huntsinger, University of California at Berkeley, United States.
- Xin Wang, Yanping Song, Wei Huang, 2023. Public Agricultural Extension, Pest and Disease Experience, and Adoption of Improved Wheat Varieties. German Journal of Agricultural Economics, 72. https://doi.org/10.30430/gjae.2023.0350
- Ibnu Nur Hamzah, Wei Huang, 2023. The dynamics of strategically important food preference in Indonesia: An empirical evaluation of consumption pattern and welfare loss, Economic Analysis and Policy 79, 435-449. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eap.2023.06.024
- Subrata Koiry, Wei Huang, 2023. Do ecological protection approaches affect total factor productivity change of cropland production in Sweden? Ecological Economics, 209. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2023.107829
- Wei Huang, Qian Liu, Assem Abu Hatab, 2022. Is the technical efficiency green? The environmental efficiency of agricultural production in the MENA region. Journal of Environmental Management, 327. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.116820
- Wei Huang, 2022. Demand for Plant-based Milk and Effects of a Carbon Tax on Fresh Milk Consumption in Sweden. Economic Analysis and Policy, 75, 518-529.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eap.2022.06.011
- Qian Liu, Yongmu Jiang, Carl-Johan Lagerkvist, Wei Huang, 2021. Extension services and the technical efficiency of crop-specific farms in China. Applied Economic Perspectives & Policy, 1-24 https://doi.org/10.1002/aepp.13209.
- Liyan Yu, Wei Huang, 2020. Non-economic societal impact or economic revenue? A performance and efficiency analysis of farmer cooperatives in China. Journal of Rural Studies, 80, 123-134. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrurstud.2020.08.010.
- Wei Huang, 2019. Forest property right change and a spatial econometric analysis of the forestry land change in Northeast China. Forest Policy and Economics, 98, 62-66. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2018.09.003
- Wei Huang, Li Jiang, 2019. Efficiency performance of fertilizer use in arable agricultural production in China, China Agricultural Economic Review, 11(1),52-69, https://doi.org/10.1108/CAER-12-2017-0238
- Qian Zhang, Zhongxiao Sun, Wei Huang, 2018. Does land perform well fo r corn planting? An empirical study on land use efficiency in China, Land Use Policy, 74, 273-280. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2017.10.032
- Wei Huang, Bernhard Brümmer, 2017. Balancing economic revenue and grazing pressure of livestock grazing on the Qinghai–Tibetan–Plateau, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 61, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-8489.12225
- Wei Huang, Bernhard Brümmer, Lynn Huntsinger, 2017. Technical efficiency and the impact of grassland use right leasing on livestock grazing on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, Land Use Policy, 64, 342-352. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2017.03.009
- Wei Huang, Bernhard Brümmer, Lynn Huntsinger, 2016. Incorporating Measures of Grassland Productivity into Efficiency Estimates for Livestock Grazing on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau in China, Ecological Economics, 122, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolecon.2015.11.025