SAS is a great tool if you want to do your statistical analysis. It includes a large amount of different types of analyses and is well tested and well documented. These webpages will introduce you to base programming in SAS, which means reading data, creating new variables, make plots and so on, but does not cover any statistical procedures.
If your main goal is to do the statistical analysis in SAS, but do data preparation in other programs you can get help on procedures in our statistics courses or from a variety of sources on the web, e.g.
- procedures in SAS and various examples on the SAS webpage (check especially for procedures).
- our website on statistical methods with links (upcoming)
Outline of the course:
- The SAS structure and debugging your programs
- Reading and writing data
- Plotting your data
- Formats and informats - using dates, lables and formats
- Create new variables
- Subsetting and merging your datasets
- Compute sums and means
- Internal variables and internal ordering