Organisation of SLU Risk assessment of plant pests
SLU Risk assessment of plant pests is placed under the NJ faculty at SLU. Our activities are led by a steering committee with members from SLU, the Swedish Board of Agriculture and the Swedish Forest Agency. Operationally, two analysts work full time in the unit.
Niklas BjörklundNiklas has the main responsibility for the risk assessment of macro-organisms (insects in particular). He has a background as a researcher in forest entomology where he mainly conducted research on pest management strategies to control the pine weevil, the spruce bark beetle and the mountain pine beetle.
Johanna has the main responsibility for the risk assessment of microorganisms. She has a background as a forest pathologist and has worked with invasive species of fungal pathogens.
- Riccardo Bommarco, Professor at the Department of Ecology, SLU, chairman
- Kristof Capieau, Chief Plant Health Officer, The Swedish Board of Agriculture
- Linda af Geijersstam, Advicer, The Swedish Board of Agriculture
- Gunnar Isacsson, Ecologist, The Swedish Forest Agency
- Anna Berlin, Researcher at the Department of Forest Mycology and Plant Pathology, SLU
- Johan Stenberg, Professor at the Department of Plant Protection Biology, SLU
- Christer Björkman, Professor at the Department of Ecology, SLU
- Pär Aronsson, Research Secretary (administrative support)