SLU Alumnus of the Year is someone who is an inspirational role model for our students and employees at SLU and has a prominent career, or made important contributions, in their field.
Anyone who feel they have a connection to SLU can submit a nomination. The nomination period for SLU Alumnus of the Year 2024 is closed. The winner will be announced in March 2024.
Who can be awarded?
General criteria for all nominees:
- The nominee has a degree from SLU.
- The nominee creates opportunities for a sustainable, thriving and better world.
- The nominee is a role model for the present and next generation of SLU students, teachers, researchers and employees.
- The nominee is not employed by SLU.
In addition to the general critera, the nominee must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The nominee has had a prominent career.
- The nominee has made an outstanding contribution to their field.
- The nominee has done something that benefits SLU.
The recipient of the award is expected to participate in a ceremony during autumn term to receive the award and give a presentation about the current worklife and career post SLU studies.
The SLU Alumnus of the year 2024 will be selected by a jury consisting of:
- SLU Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- SLU Head of Communications
- Board of Education representative
- SLUSS representative
- SLU Alumna of the Year 2023