Forestry production and environment
Additional course evaluations for SH0146
Academic year 2021/2022
2022-03-24 - 2022-06-12
Academic year 2020/2021
2021-03-24 - 2021-06-13
Academic year 2019/2020
2020-03-25 - 2020-06-14
Academic year 2018/2019
2019-03-26 - 2019-06-14
Academic year 2017/2018
2018-03-21 - 2018-06-10
Academic year 2016/2017
2017-03-22 - 2017-06-11
Academic year 2015/2016
2016-03-21 - 2016-06-10
SH0146 Forestry production and environment, 15.0 CreditsSkoglig produktion och miljö
Education cycleBachelor’s level
Advanced study in the main fieldFirst cycle, has only upper-secondary level entry requirements(G1N)
5:Pass with Distinction, 4:Pass with Credit, 3:Pass, U:Fail The requirements for attaining different grades are described in the course assessment criteria which are contained in a supplement to the course syllabus. Current information on assessment criteria shall be made available at the start of the course.
Prior knowledgeGeneral entry requirements for first-cycle studies and
- Mathematics 2a or Mathematics 2b eller Mathematics 2c
- Science Studies 2
- Social Studies 1b or Social Studies 1a1 + 1a2
- Forestry basic programmes and
- Professional or vocational experience equivalent 6 months
ObjectivesThe student should after completed course
- be able to describe how measurement and presentation of different assortments in the forestry are done and which technology and organisation that is available for this
- understand the structure of timber price lists and be able to carry out calculation for optimizing wood value
- dependent on usage and precision requirement and the size of the object and properties, be able to choose method for and carry out collection and processing of forestry data on stand - or community level,
- be able to carry out qualified harvesting planning at object level including cost - and revenue calculations
- account for different ecosystems with an emphasis on boreal forests and their dynamic
- identify and account for species in forest ecosystems.
ContentThis course is built on many of the theories that have been described in earlier courses in the program. some of the things you practice within the course : are used earlier acquired knowledge in forest technique and forest biology to create more detailed harvesting plans. Also knowledge in statistics can be applied here practically in field to create object descriptions for forest stands. In the forest biology part, descriptions of different forest ecosystems with specific focus on boreal forests and species knowledge continue. The knowledge is applied for example practically in site index determination. Apart from lectures the course contains travels to highlight the different preconditions for forestry in Sweden’s different country parts and a high grade of vocational training with a large number of compulsory practical exercises in field.
Formats and requirements for examination- If the student has not passed on a test, examiner has the right to give a supplementary assignment ? if there is cause for it and if it is possible.
- If the student has a decision from SLU about particularly educational support due to physical disability has examiner right to give an adapted test or let the student carry out the test in an alternative way.
- If this course syllabus is changed or if the course is closed down SLU should determine about transition rules for examination of students who have been admitted according to this course syllabus and still not have passed.
- If the student fails a test, the examiner may give the student a supplementary assignment, provided this is possible and there is reason to do so.
- If the student has been granted special educational support because of a disability, the examiner has the right to offer the student an adapted test, or provide an alternative assessment.
- If changes are made to this course syllabus, or if the course is closed, SLU shall decide on transitional rules for examination of students admitted under this syllabus but who have not yet passed the course.
- For the examination of a degree project (independent project), the examiner may also allow the student to add supplemental information after the deadline. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
- The right to take part in teaching and/or supervision only applies to the course date to which the student has been admitted and registered on.
- If there are special reasons, the student may take part in course components that require compulsory attendance at a later date. For more information on this, please refer to the regulations for education at Bachelor's and Master's level.
Additional information- The right to participate in teaching and/or supervision applies only the course date that the student has become admitted to and registered on.
- If special circumstances apply, the student has the right to participate in the part that requires compulsory attendance at a later course date. Further information is in the rule collection of the education.
- Compulsory travels with over night staying can occur. A certain cost per the over night staying will be taken out of student.
School for Forest Engineers
Determined by: Programnämnden för utbildning inom skog (PN - S)
There are no Grading criteria posted for this course
The course is offered as an independent course: No Tuition fee: Tuition fee only for non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens: 38054 SEK Cycle: Bachelor’s level
Subject: Forest ManagementCourse code: SH0146 Application code: SLU-40138 Location: Skinnskatteberg Distance course: No Language: Swedish Responsible department: School for Forest Engineers Pace: 100%