- Reactions and speciation of simple inorganic and organic molecules in the interface aqueous solution-air.
- Speciation of metals in natural systems as natural waters and soil in Sweden and in developing countries in Africa
- Structural and dynamics studies of inorganic ions in aqueous solution
- Removal of arsenic from drinking water
- Chemical reactions and mechanical properties of archaeological wood, in particular the historic Swedish warship the Vasa.
- Synchrotron light based research
- Structure determination of advanced inorganic materials as metal-organic frameworks
Chemical reactions and mechanical properties of archaeological wood are investigated, in particular the historic Swedish warship the Vasa. Photo: Hans Hammarsiköld
My research has been externally funded through grants with a turnover of ca 3 million SEK annually. I have close collaboration with Uppsala and Stockholm University with shared Ph.D. students.
Hydration of scandium (II) ion in aquesoue solution and crystalline hydrates. Illustration: Ingmar Persson.