David G. Angeler
- Basic and applied dimensions of ecological structure and functions across spatial and temporal scales
- Resilience in ecological and combined social-ecological systems, including policy dimensions
- Transdisciplinary application of ecological theory
- Combining art and science to inform sustainability challenges in systems of people and nature
Multivariate methods for ecologists
Selection of current projects:
- Global change, vulnerability and resilience: management option for an uncertain future. Strategic Environmental Research and Development Program, Department of Defence, United States of America. Co-PIs: Craig R. Allen, Dirac Twidwell (Univ. Nebraska- Lincoln, USA), David G. Angeler (900 000 US$)
- Alternative states and resilience. Swedish Research Council Vetenskapsrådet (2014-5828). PI: David G. Angeler, Co-PIs: Craig R. Allen, Martyn Futter, Eva Lindström (2 250 000 SEK)
- DisEntangling the impacts of multiple Stressors on stream ecosystems (DESTRESS). Swedish Research Council FORMAS (2014-1296). PI: Brendan G. McKie, Co-PIs: David G. Angeler, Maria Kahlert, Ing-Marie Gren, Richard K. Johnson (5 700 000 SEK)
- August T. Larsson Guest Professorship Programm. NJ Faculty, SLU. Co-PIs: Craig Allen, David Angeler.
- Associate Editor: Ecology and Society
- Editorial Board member: Revista Latinoamericana de Recursos Naturales (2006-2016)
- Associate Editor: Journal of Applied Ecology (2010-2016)
- Adjunct Professor, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, School of Natural Resources, Lincoln, NE, USA
- Member of Resilience Alliance
- Hannah B. Fried-Peterson (SLU, main supervisor)
- Sophia E. Renes (SLU, main supervisor)
- Amélie Truchy (SLU, co-supervisor)
- Kristina Tattersdill (SLU, co-supervisor)
- Shana M. Sundstrom (UNL, committee)
- Michael Whitby (UNL, committee)
- Jessica L. Burnett (UNL, committee)
- Caleb Roberts Powell (UNL, committee)
- Angeler, D.G. (2016) Heavy metal music meets complexity and sustainability science. SpringerPlus 5:1637. DOI: 10.1186/s40064-016-3288-9
- Angeler, D.G. & Allen, C.R. (editors) (2016) Quantifying Resilience. Journal of Applied Ecology 53(3): 617- 698.
- Chaffin, B.C., Garmestani, A.S., Gunderson, L., Harm Benson, M., Angeler, D.G., Arnold, C.A., Cosens, B., Craig, R.K., Ruhl, J.B. & Allen, C.R. (2016) Transformative environmental governance. Annual Review of Resources and Environment 41: 399-423.
- Green, O.O., Garmestani, A.S., Allen, C.R., Ruhl, J.B., Arnold, C.A., Gunderson, L.H., Graham, N., Cosens, B., Angeler, D.G., Chaffin, B.C. & Holling, C.S. (2015) Barriers and bridges to the integration of social-ecological resilience and law. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment 13: 332–337.
- Nash, K.L, Allen, C.R., Angeler, D.G., Barichievy, C., Eason, T., Garmestani, A.S., Graham, N.A.J., Granholm, D., Knutson, M., Nelson, R.J., Nyström, M., Stow, C.A. & Sundstrom, S.M. (2014) Discontinuities, cross-scale patterns and the organization of ecosystems. Ecology 95(3): 654-667.
- Allen, C.R., Angeler, D.G., Garmestani, A.S., Gunderson, L.H. & Holling, C.S. (2014) Panarchy: Theory and applications. Ecosystems 17(4): 578-589.