Every year, SLU welcomes a number of visitors, national as well as international. Our guiding principle is to treat all visitors in a professional and deliberate manner, and to put across a uniform image of our university.
The academy stewards at SLU are responsible for planning and managing all priority visits to the university management by external visitors. We also officer guidance to other SLU units who arrange visits.
The general instructions and definitions on this page are intended to increase the understanding for and improve the planning of visits at SLU. If you need more detailed information or a checklist, please contact the academy stewards.
- heads of state and/or royals
- members of parliaments and governments
- representatives of international organisations such as the EU or the UN
- Management representatives from other Swedish or foreign universities
- Leading business representatives
General instructions for visits:
SLU has no central coordination of all incoming visits. Some are received at central level (Vice-Chancellor’s Office), but most are handled directly by the faculty, department, researcher or division concerned.
A visit to SLU should always be seen as an opportunity to market our university. There should be a clear purpose to the visit, and the content should be adapted according to that purpose. A decision to receive visitors, and as help in planning a visit, the expectations and objectives of both visitors and SLU should be considered carefully.
In general, any visit to SLU should contribute to and transmit the following:
- Our mission statement: SLU develops the understanding and sustainable use and management of biological natural resources. This is achieved by research, education and environmental monitoring and assessment, in collaboration with the surrounding community.
- Our brand promise: Science and education for sustainable life
- Our vision: SLU is a world-class university in the fields of life and environmental sciences.