10.00- 10.15 Introduction
- Welcome remarks by Ylva Hillbur, Pro-Vice Chancellor, SLU
- Introduction to AgriFoSe2030 by Sofia Boqvist, programme director
- Short keynote by Esse Nilsson, Senior Policy Specialist, Agriculture and Food Security Policy Support Unit, Sida.
10.15- 10.30 Challenges in agriculture in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia and Southeast Asia
- Challenges and opportunities facing African smallholder farmers.
Joseph Karugia,Cooordinator, Regional Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System for Eastern and Central Africa (ReSAKSS-ECA), INternational Livestock Research Institute (ILRI)
- Smallholder farming in South East Asia, Challenges and opportunities. Kuntum Melati, Research Associate and SDGs Policy Specialist, SEI Asia.
10.30- 10.50 A snapshot of AgriFoSe2030 projects (film screening)
- The effects of translating science to practice in the case of goat farming in Laos. Dr. Daovy Kongmanila, Director of Research and Academic Services Division, Faculty of Agriculture, National University of Laos.
- Improved parkland management Burkina Faso. Dr. Josias SANOU, Ecophysiology-Agroforestry, Institut de l’Environnement et de la Recherche Agricole (INERA), Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Urban agriculture – policy and practice in Nakuru, Kisumu and Thika, Kenya. Dr. Samuel Onyango Omondi, University of Nairobi, Department of Agricultural Economics, Nairobi, Kenya.
10.50- 11.25 Panel discussion with audience engagement
- Sofia Boqvist, AgriFoSe2030
- Esse Nilsson, Sida
- Joseph Karugia, ReSAKKS-ECA, ILRI
- Kuntum Melati, SEI Asia
11.25- 11.30 Closing remarks