Department of Animal Environment and Health
The aim of the department...
...is to increase knowledge about the relationship between housing, management, feeding, housing environment, animal health, behaviour, animal welfare and environmental hygiene. This will be achieved through research, education and research information.
In this way, the department will contribute:
* to prevent and reduce health and welfare problems in domestic animals and
* to promote the development of an animal and environmentally friendly animal housing, that contribute to a sustainable food production.
What is happening av the department:
- 23 mar - Elin Stenberg nailing her thesis. Forskarhuset Skara, kl 09.30.
- 23 mar - Broiler welfare seminar, Audhumla, VHC building, SLU campus Ultuna, 13.30 – 16.00.
- 24 mar - Sara Forslind defending her thesis, Audhumbla, VHC, kl. 09.15.
- 14 apr - Elin stenberg defending her thesis, Aulan, Uddetorps naturbruksgymnasium, kl 09.15.
New publications from the department!
- Söderquist, A., Wallenbeck, A. & Lindahl, C., 2023. Social support in a novel situation aimed for stunning and euthanasia of pigs may be increased by familiar pigs - A behavioural study with weaners. Animals, 13, 481, doi: 10.3390/ani13030481.
- Hjelmstedt, P., Sundell, E., Brijs, J., Berg, C., Sandblom, E., Lines, J., Axelsson, M. & Gräns, A., 2022. Assessing the effectiveness of percussive and electrical stunning in rainbow trout: Does an epileptic-like seizure imply brain failure? Aquaculture, 552, doi: 10.1016/j.aquaculture.2022.738012.
- Wenker, M.L., Verwer, C.M., Bokkers, E.A.M., te Beest, D.E., Gort, G., de Oliveira, D., Koets, A., Bruckmaier, R.M., Gross, J.J. & van Reenen, C.G., 2022. Effect of Type of Cow-Calf Contact on Health, Blood Parameters, and Performance of Dairy Cows and Calves. Front. Vet. Sci., doi: 10.3389/fvets.2022.855086.
- Morgenroth, D., McArley, T., Ekström, A., Gräns, A., Axelsson, M. & Sandblom, E., 2021. Continuous gastric saline perfusion elicits cardiovascular responses in freshwater rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Journal of Comparative Physiology B, doi: 10.1007/s00360-021-01408-3.
- Souza, J.M., Souza, J.C.S.M., Oliveira De Sousa, D., Del Valle, T.A., Ghizzi, L.G., Alcântara, A.H.D., Mesquita, L.G., Sousa, R.L.M., Bueno, I.C.S. & Balieiro, J.C.C., 2021. The effects of compound treatment of Aspergillus oryzae and fibrolytic enzyme on in vitro degradation, gas production and fermentative profile of maize silage and sugarcane silage. The Journal of Agricultural Science, doi: 10.1017/S002185962100037X.
- Kjellberg, L., Yngvesson, J., Sassner, H. & Morgan, K., 2021. Horses' use of lying halls and time budget in relation to available lying area. Animals, 11, 3214, doi: 10.3390/ani11113214.
- Eisersiö, M., Byström, A., Yngvesson, J., Baragli, P., Lanata, A. & Egenvall, A., 2021. Rein tension signals elicit different behavioural responses when comparing bitted bridle and halter. Frontiers in Veterinary Science, 2021, 8:652015, doi: 10.3389/fvets.2021.652015.
- Souza, C.J.D., Barbosa, F.M.O., Puzotti Marujo, M.M., Santos, E.T., Domingues, C.H.F., De Oliveira, D. & Sgavioli, S., 2021. Effect of cypermethrin on the control of lesser mealworm (Alphitobius diaperinus) and broiler performance. Pesquisa Veterinaria Brasileira (Brazilian Journal of Veterinary Research), vol 41, doi: 10.1590/1678-5150-PVB-6859.
Published: 09 March 2023 - Page editor: firstname.lastname@example.org