The Ph. D. course Statistics IV: Generalized Linear Models, 4 hp, will be given in Uppsala.
The course will cover the following topics:
• Binomial and multinomial logistic regression
• Poisson regression
• Overdispersion and zero-inflation.
• Generalized linear models and generalized linear mixed models.
Statistics III: Regression Analysis or equivalent.
The objective of the course is to give an overview of generalized linear models. On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
• specify generalized linear models including conditions and assumptions
• select an appropriate linear model for a given problem
• carry out an analysis based on a generalized linear model in the statistical software R or SAS
• interpret and evaluate results correctly and draw reasonable conclusions
• clearly and concisely communicate results and conclusions