The research environment currently consists of about 100 people engaging in one or more of our three research themes.
Steering group: Prof. Linda Keeling (SLU), Prof. Per Jensen (LiU), Prof. Harry Blokhuis (SLU)
Our six goals aiming to improve animal welfare:
- To provide a dynamic scientific forum for discussion on issues relevant to animal welfare research.
- To promote cooperative efforts by joining different competences and so create synergy effects
- To produce high quality peer reviewed publications within the area of animal welfare science and disseminate these research results to a wider audience.
- To provide a supportive environment for students and young researchers to develop their career within the area of animal welfare
- To support stakeholders to safeguard and improve animal welfare by providing knowledge and information
- To enhance Sweden's reputation as a leading nation in animal welfare
The Animal Welfare Science Symposium is our annual scientific meeting in Uppsala, directed towards researchers involved in the animal and veterinary sciences, human-animal interactions, ethics, policy including law, economics and marketing, among other areas. Find out more!