Lectures by SLU´s senior environmental assessment specialists
associate professorship lectures | seminars, workshops |
In the autumn of 2020, SLU´s vice-chancellor appointed our first senior environmental assessment specialists. On 11–12 May, they will hold popular science lectures open to everyone – feel free to attend!
The lectures will be live-streamed via play.slu.se (link to be published later). No pre-registration is required. More information about the lectures is available in the Swedish version of this page, as all lectures will be held in Swedish.
Speakers (order of lectures to be confirmed) and subjects
11 May (afternoon):
- Jonas Fridman, Research Group Leader at the Department of Forest Resource Management. Subject: Official statistics from the Swedish National Forest Inventory at SLU – a common denominator in the polarised debate about forests?
- Lars Sonesten, Researcher at the Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment. Subject: Knowledge from source to sea to reduce eutrophication.
12 May (morning):
- Johan Dannewitz, Researcher at the Department of Aquatic Resources. Subject: Managing the salmon stocks of the Baltic Sea - How hard can it be?
- Holger Dettki, Researcher at the Department of Wildlife, Fish and Environmental Studies and the Swedish Species Information Centre. Subject: Biologging data, biodiversity data, BIG data – Challenges and opportunities for Environmental monitoring and assessment at SLU.
- Katarina Kyllmar, Research Group Leader at the Department of Soil and Environment. Subject: The sustainability of agriculture - how is it monitored and assessed?
2021-05-11 - 2021-05-12
EMA Council, SLU Additional info:
The lectures are primarily intended for the academy, but they are open to attend for all interested. Welcome!
If you have questions about the programme, contact Anna Lundhagen, pro-vice-chancellor responsible for collaboration and environmental monitoring and assessment.
Page editor: email@example.com