General about FoSW PhD-courses
FoSW PhD courses are primarily for PhD students. If a place is available at the time of the deadline for course application, researchers can attend a course, but will not participate in potential course-related individual projects.
Focus on Soils & Water is fully funded by SLU's faculty of Natural Resources and Agriculture for post-graduate education. For this reason, each course needs to have a minimum number and percentage of SLU PhD students to be fully funded.
Moreover, an additional course fee can be asked of those who are interested to participate, but are not PhD students or SLU employees. This can be relevant, for instance, when there is a commercial interest in a competence the course covers. The steering committee suggested a tentative additional course fee of 1000 -1500 SEK per course day excluding costs for lodging, food, course material.
- Please refer to FoSW Guidelines for details on organizing an activity or course.
- Form for PhD stundents and others to suggest PhD courses or other activities, please fill in as much detail as possible/applicable.
Steps for an organizing a FoSW activity or course
- Establish a course plan & budget
- Establish a course homepage
- Announce course
- Collect registrations and list of participants
- Contacts to teachers
- Book locality/room
- Order food
- Course evaluation
- Course report
Faculty requirements for research school activities
The requirement in the below document must be fulfilled for any research school activity.