- 06 December 2022 Biodiversity in focus for UN delegates and forest researchers On 7-19 December governmental and organisational representatives meet at the UN conference COP15 ...
- 25 November 2022 Record year for grants for research on broadleaves and alternative silviculture Climate change, environmental factors and multiple goals increase the demands on the Swedish...
- 26 October 2022 Higher growth and better economy in mixed birch forests Increasing problems with windthrow, bark beetle damage, and root rot has led to a risen interest ...
Course internal portals
With the start of the autumn semester of 2019, SLU is moving completely to a new, integrated learning platform called Canvas. Canvas is a web-based course environment, where every student and teacher can access all the courses they take part in. The modern system of Canvas offers its users with several expedient features:
- Access to all course material: course literature, lecture materials, links and other learning tools.
- Effortless submission of all the required assignments.
- Free communication between teachers and other participants of the course.
- Opportunity to have an open discussion with other participants of the course in case something is unclear or if there is a topic, which, in your opinion, deserves more consideration.
- Assess the work of your peers as well as receive feedback on your assignments.
- Easy-to-use Canvas student app for smartphones!
Find out more about Canvas.
Sustainable Forestry in Southern Sweden (ENG & SE) (Canvas)
Forest Regeneration (ENG & SE) (Canvas)
Silviculture of Temperate Forests (ENG & SE) (Canvas)
Planning in Sustainable Forest Management - Theory, Methods and Tools (Canvas)
If you have questions please contact course leaders or Andis Zvirgzdins.
Sandell Festin, E. 2020-05-04. Post-Mining Restoration in Zambia-Screening native tree species for phytoremediation potential
Farhadi, M. Applciation of Visable and Near Infrared Spectroscopy for Sorting and Identification of Tree Seeds. 2015-12-16
Attochi, G. Management of oak for high quality wood production. 2015-04-30
Koch Widerberg, M. Oak as Retention tree in commercial forests. 2013-09-27
Övergaard, R. Ollonproduktion och naturlig föryngring av bok (Fagus sylvatica L.) I södra Sverige. 2010-03-26
Norman, J. Nyttigheter i Svenska skogar – attityder och värderingar hos olika intressegrupper. 2009-09-30
Pfister, O. Effekter av planteringsförband och gallring på träd- och virkesegenskaper för planterad gran i södra Sverige. 2009-09-25
Fritz, Ö. Lavar och mossor på bok – ekologiska studier och naturvårdstillämpningar. 2009-03-16
Olofsson, E. Supporting management of risk of wind damage in south Swedish forestry. 2006-06-09
Slaney, M. Effekter av förhöjd temperature och CO2 på fenologi och återhämtning av fotosyntesen under våren hos gran I borealt klimat. 2006-05-05
Berglund, M. Rotticka I gran, stubbehandling med pergamentsvamp. 2005-04-29
Larsson-Stern, M. Hybridlärk ett bra komplement till gran I Sydsverige. 2003-04-22 (lic)
Ask, P. Biodiversitet och lövskog i planering av landskap (studier från Sydsverige). 2002-09-27
Sikström, U. Growth and nutrition of coniferous forests on acidic mineral soils. Status and effects on liming and fertilization. 2001-05-11
Kullberg, Y. Large herbivore browsing on tree seedlings in southern Sweden. 2000-02-17 (lic)
Klang, F. The influence of silvicultural practices on tree properties in Norway spruce. 2000-02-11
Hannon, G. The use of plant macrofossils and pollen in the palaeocological reconstruction of vegetation. 1999-06-10
Oleskog, G. The effect of seedbed substrate on moisture conditions, germination and seeding survival of Scots pine. 1999-05-28
Rönnberg, J. Incidence of root and butt in consecutive rotations, with emphasis on Heterobasidion annosum in Norway spruce. 1999-05-21
Löf, M. Environmental stress on establishment and growth in Fagus sylvatica L. and Quercus robur L seedlings. 1999-04-23
Lindbladh, M. Long term dynamics and human influence in the forest landscape of southern Sweden. 1998-11-06
Carlsson, M. On forestry planning for timber and biodiversity. The landscape perspective. 1998-06-02
Vollbrecht, G. Effects of silvicultural practices on the incidence of root and butt rot in Norway spruce with special emphasis on Heterobasidion annosum. 1994-12-16
- Carl Salk, Docent lecture 2021-0505
"Do not attend this lecture if you already believe that Carl Salk should be a docent"
- Emma Holmström, Docent lecture 2020-10-12
"Mixed forest silviculture"
- Per-Ola Hedwall, Docent lecture 2017-11-08
"Understory Movements in Swedish Forests - Trends in Forest Floor Vegetation and Implications for Forest Management".
- Michelle Cleary, Docentlecture 2017-11-08
"Ashes to Ashes and Rising Above: the global threat of alien invasive forest pathogens and opportunities to exploit host resistance to conserve populations"
- 08 December 2022 PhD position in management of fast growing broadleaves and their role in bio-economy We are accepting applications for a four-year PhD position at Swedish University of Agricultural...
- 13 December 2022 PhD position in forest policy and planning Forest planning for meeting forest owner’s and societal demands.
- 19 December 2022 Research Assistants Southern Swedish Forest Research Centre
- 15 Feb Seminar: Broadening your funding opportunities – unlocking the potential of excellence grants This event is presented by Caroline Grabbe, Research Coordinator at Grants Office. "Broadening yo...
- 14 Mar – 15 Mar Study visit and Workshop in Mörrum: Climate and Societal Benefits with Fast-Growing Broadleaves This workshop focuses on involving different stakeholders in current research on fast-growing...
- 17 Mar FRAS-presentation: Old trees in young forests Biodiversity management in young planted conifer forests in southern Sweden.