- REINFORCE - Climate, habitat and animal production Strategies for coping with challenges in a pastoral management system with increasing external pressures.
- REINFEED - feeding reindeer for future free-range functionality Short- and long-term effects of winter-feeding on future ability to utilize natural pastures
- ReiGN reindeer husbandry in a globalizing North Resilience, adaptations and pathways for actions
- Contested landscapes: navigating competing claims and cumulative impacts in Northern Sweden (CO-LAND) The project explores approaches to manage the cumulative impacts specifically on the connectivity and quality of reindeer pastures. These pastures will serve as an “indicator” for the wider impacts on the green infrastructure of the landscape.
- Brown bear predation on reindeer calves and possible preventive measures Effective interventions in order to reduce bear predation on reindeer calves.
- Holistic understanding of lichen growth In this project, we aim to assess if moose browsing has positive effects also on lichen height, which together with cover is related to total lichen biomass, and if those dynamics promote reindeer use of young forests.
- Reindeer health – increasing knowledge through education and web-based information This project aims at sharing and developing knowledge about reindeer health and disease.
- Reindeer and brown bear interaction and space use in the boreal forest
- Wind power in operation and impacts on reindeer and reindeer herding The project was financed by Swedish Energy Agency (Vindval research programme) and primarily investigated how wind power development affects reindeer in the winter grazing area in Sweden. The project was a continuation of a previous project financed by Vindval on the effects of wind power with a focus on the effect on reindeer in summer pasture in the forest.
Published: 22 December 2022 - Page editor: firstname.lastname@example.org