Do you want to get in touch with the SLU Forest Damage Centre? Feel free to contact out staff or one of SLU's external collaboration specialists who are experts in forests and forest damage!
We work at SLU Forest Damage Centre
Telephone: +4640415179, +46706727643
Åke is responsible for SLU Forest Damage Centre's Research School
Theres Svensson, Kommunikatör för SLU Skogsskadecentrum
Telefon: +46 90 78 68 228, +46 765 46 05 96
Katja Fedrowitz, CTelephone: +4618672196
- Maartje Klapwijk - Damage caused by insects
- Iryna Matsiakh och Audrius Menkis - Damage caused by fungi, bacteria and viruses
- Fredrik Widemo - Damage caused by game
- Inka Bohlin - Damage caused by fire and drought
- Chandra Krishnamurthy - Socio-economic impact
- Narayanan Subramanian och Johanna Lundström - Risk and impact assessments with Heureka
External collaboration specialists
SLU has appointed external collaboration specialists with a special focus on developing the extension processes at the university in the forest area. These specialists all combine proficiency in research with extension activities in their subject areas.
- Fredrik Widemo, wildlife, wildlife management and forests
Fredrik Widemo is an expert in the field of wildlife, wildlife management and forests.
- Rimvydas Vasaitis, mycology, forest protection
Rimvydas Vasaitis is a researcher and a field mycologist at SLU. He is an expert on forest health and protection, mycology, ecology and silviculture.
- Henrik Böhlenius, forest management
Henrik Böhlenius is an expert on forest management with poplar plantation as research area.
- Mats Jonsell, forest enthomologyy
Mats Jonsell is an expert on forest enthomolgy. He studies insects and nature conservation issues in forests.
SLU Risk assessment of plant pests
We perform independent analyses which provide support to the Swedish Board of Agriculture in their effort to counter the damage of non-indigenous pests. Read more about SLU Risk assessment of plant pests.