- 17 November 2021 Printing food: 3D printing of Faba bean based materials During the last year there has been ongoing work at SLU to create printable food inks from starch, fibre and protein rich fractions extracted from Faba beans. One of the persons that has been highly involved in the project is internship student Fanny Knab from France.
- 17 November 2021 World Antimicrobial Awareness Week 18-24 November – SLU contributes with knowledge On European Antibiotic Day 18 November, the yearly World Antimicrobial Awareness Week begin. The 2021 theme is Spread Awareness, Stop Resistance. The campaign aims to increase awareness of global antimicrobial resistance and to encourage action to prevent the emergence and spread of drug-resistant infections. AMR is an important research area where SLU contributes with new knowledge.
- 18 September 2021 ISGS PhD Thesis Award 2020 to Fredric Svensson MolSci PhD student Fredric Svensson has won the Gold Medal in the ISGS PhD Thesis Award.
- 12 December 2018 Jäst gör fiskfoderolja av halm Den olja, t.ex. palm- eller sojaolja, som används i foder till röding kan bytas ut mot “fet jäst” som odlats i ett halmbaserat substrat. Jästoljan har en liknande sammansättning och görs på en råvara som människan inte kan äta själv – och fisken växer lika bra. Det visar en ny studie från SLU.
- 16 June 2021 Conference "Best Presenter" award to PhD student at MolSci PhD Candidate Hasitha Priyashantha Receives 'Best Presenter' Award at the IDF International Cheese Science and Technology Symposium 2021
We investigate the molecular aspects of biologically relevant processes in nature and industry.
The Department actively collaborate with industrial partners. This has resulted in several patents and innovations. We also have two External Collaboration Specialists at the Department, specialising in Bioenergy and Food Quality. Read more about our collaboration with society here.
In total, ca 110 employees, including researchers, PhD students and technical and administrative staff work at the Department.