At the Department, we actively collaborate with industrial partners. This has resulted in several patents and tech companies. We also have one the External Collaboration Specialists of SLU at the Department, specialising in Food Quality.
External Collaboration Specialist
At the Department of Molecular Sciences, we have one of SLU's collaboration specialists that combine proficiency in research with extension activities in their subject areas. Please contact our external collaboration specialist Galia Zamaratskaia if you have questions or something to discuss! She can also guide you to other researchers that can answer your questions.
External Collaboration Specialist in Food Quality
The assignment includes both plant and animal derived foods and relates to the composition, properties, and content of nutrients and bioactive compounds of foods, as well as how processing and handling of food affect technological and health characteristics.
Telephone: 018-67 20 05
Platforms for collaboration
The Department is part of several platforms that collaborates with other universities, research institutes, industry and Swedish and international authorities to communicate research to stakeholders in society. Below are some examples.
- Food Science Sweden (FSS) - a national platform aiming at strengthening and increasing the visibility of Swedish food science related research. It also hosts the research school Lift.
- Food for Life - A European technology platform that coordinates research needs and is responsible for a strategic research agenda with great significance for both national and European food research.
- Food Nexus Nordic - Working for more innovation, better skills and stronger networking. They hope to address several of the challenges of the food and the food industry are facing.
- Tempus - A project that develop and implement a masters programs in food safety, production and marketing of Traditional food products in Russia and Kazakhstan (TradPro). SLU is presented in the steering committee of the project by Galia Zamaratskaia. Other persons involved are Krisitine Koch, Carl Brunius and Monika Johansson.
- CBC - The Centre for Biological Control - CBC contribute to the development of new knowledge concerning the use of living organisms to control pests and diseases. The centre is virtual with researchers located at different SLU departments in Uppsala.
- BRC- Biogas research center - The purpose of BRC is to create a strong, national competence base that flows into industrially and socially motivated research to develop biogas solutions.
Collaborations, tech companies and patents
Our work is often performed in collaboration with industrial partners and has resulted in several patents and tech companies. Below are some exampels.
- CaptiGel - a patented technological platform for encapsulation and controlled release of biomolecules and microorganisms.
Examples of companies, organisations and authorities that we collaborate with:
- Fresenius Kabi
- EFSA - European Food Safety Authority
- DG SANTE - EU-comission, Health and Consumer
- Swedish Board of Agriculture
- Swedish Chemicals Agency
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
- IBMA - International Biocontrol Manufacturers’ Association
- Lantmännen BioAgri
- IOBC - International Organisation for Biological and Integrated Control
- OECD BioPesticides Steering Group