Department of Molecular Sciences is actively carrying out research in the field of Functional Nanomaterials.
The prioritized directions comprise:
- Application of biomolecules for creation of nanofiber based biocatalysts and biosensors
- Tailoring of porous mineral matrices for adsorption, nano-catalysis and new energy resources
- Constructing biocompatible nanoparticle dispersions for creation of artificial spores of biocontrol microorganisms and for boosting plant defense against biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Molecular precursors and molecular models of nanoporous materials
- Interaction of nanoparticles with biomolecules.
- Health effects of engineered nanomaterials
- Nano technology for future plant protection - Artificial spores for biocontrol microorganisms
- Molecular models for enzymatic action
- Synthesis and characterization of mineral nanoparticles and nanostructures
Please contact us via e-mail or phone if you want to know more about functional nanomaterials.
Telephone: +46 (0)18-67 15 41
Telephone: +46 (0)18-67 29 94, +46 (0)73-614 31 61
EuRARE - EURARE is a project funded by the European Commission for the 'Development of a sustainable exploitation scheme for Europe's Rare Earth ore deposits'.
Bac-Coat - The project develops environmentally friendly formulation technologies that increase product shelf life. This can be used in biocontrol of large-scale plant cultures such as maize.