- Ensure that appropriate livestock breeds are readily available, affordable and widely used by poor women and men livestock keepers.
- Improve livestock health and health service delivery.
- Increase livestock nutrition by identifying, testing and delivering superior feed and forage strategies and options.
- Reduce the environmental footprint of livestock production across both rapid and fragile growth trajectories, while ensuring that livestock systems in target countries are able to adapt to global environmental changes.
- Maximize livestock-mediated livelihoods and resilience to risk among smallholder and pastoral producers and their communities, whilst enhancing availability and access to animal source food for rural and urban consumers.
SLU is leading the Livestock health activities within the program and is also involved in the livestock genetics and nutrition activities.
Read more: https://livestock.cgiar.org
Contact: Prof. Ulf Magnusson email@example.com, Flagship leader Livestock Health