- Carbon, co- and cow-benefits and/or trade-offs from livestock grazing in the Miombo How do livestock farming and grazing in the Miombo forests affect the soil's carbon storage, species composition and production?
- Management and restoration towards healthy rangelands in East Africa In this project we will identify restoration interventions and management practices that promote healthy, productive and sustainable rangelands.
- Rangeland and livestock management practices for improved livelihood in miombo woodlands in Tanzania The general objective of this project is to enhance food security in Tanzania through improved rangeland and livestock management practices in miombo woodlands.
- Management for improved efficiency by increased cow longevity in dairy herds It is only when the cow has calved and starts producing milk that she gives an income to the milk producer and it is after the second lactation the income covers the cow's rearing costs.
- Cow and calf together Is it possible to keep dairy cows and their calves together in automatic milking systems? What are the effects on milk yield, calf growth, health and fertility? In this research project, we study how calves can be integrated into such systems.
- Voluntary cow traffic and automatic milking with AMR in larger dairy herds The goal with this project was to find a number of strategies to optimize voluntary cow traffic in herds with automatic milking with AMR.
- Milk microbiota – is there bacteria in milk from healthy udders? The aim of this project was to investigate if there is a functional bacterial community present in milk from healthy dairy cows.
- On the same wavelength - the effect of LED light on activity and production in dairy cows The aim of the project is to study effects of LED-light on milk production and activity in dairy cows.
- INDILACT - Individually adapted lactations lengths The aim of the project is to develop tools which can be used for individually adapted lactation lengths based on the biological conditions of the cow.
- Beijer Laboratory for Animal Science (BLAS) The research at the Beijer Laboratory for Animal Science (BLAS) aims to make better use of data automatically collected at high-tech farms so that management and breeding of future generations of dairy cows may be as efficient as possible.
Published: 28 October 2021 - Page editor: email@example.com