Proposals for new independent projects
Send proposals for new independent projects to the director of studies at the department (Katharina Meurer). Use the Word template and enter suggestions for title of the project, number of credits, level, subject, programme if applicable, start time, short description of project and supervisor's name and contact information. The department's list of proposals is found at Available projects.
Implementation of independent projects – guidelines for supervisors and examiners
Guidelines and responsibility
- An examiner for the independent project is appointed by the director of studies and selected from an examiner group at the department. All examiners must have completed “Course in grading and assessment” at SLU.
- Inform yourself and the student about who is responsible for what during the project – further information in "Guide for students, supervisors and examiners", found at the NJ-faculty web page (Documents and guides)
- Study the syllabus for the course and make sure the project corresponds to the goals of the course and inform yourself about the guidelines for the oral presentation, opposition etc.
- Go through the grading criteria together with the student - you find them under Documents and guides at the NJ-faculty web page
- Inform yourself regarding of the requirements for passing grade.
Read more about the report and oral presentation under the different tabs on this website.
Administrative routines and forms
The administrative routines for the independent projects are found here. It is important that all supervisors and examiners follow these routines to facilitate the work for the director of studies and course secretariat and to ensure that all matters are handled correctly.
The forms “Registration form”, “Workplan” and "Form for supervisor and examiner to report result to the LADOK administrator" are found at the NJ-faculty web page (Documents and guides).
Announcement of the oral presentation
At the joint seminars organized at the department, the director of studies are responsible for the program, room booking, and advertising in the department's calendar on the intranet and will inform everyone at the department by email.
At individual seminars, the supervisor is responsible for advertising in the department's calendar on the Intranet and to inform everyone at the department by email.
Advertising should be done a week before the presentation and should include the student's name, title of the project, time and location of the seminar, supervisor, examiner and opponent.
Date of the common oral presentation sessions and suggestions for layout and timing, etc. are available under the tab Oral presentation.
The supervisor is responsible for reviewing the student's report for plagiarism in Urkund which is done by sending the report to the supervisor's e-mail address in Urkund. If you do not have an Urkund address or if you have forgotten your user information - contact Urkund's support, see information on the Urkund web page.
Digital publication of the report
When the student's final report is approved by the supervisor and the examiner it should be published in Epsilon, the digital archive for publications at SLU. Further information in the document for administrative routines.
For questions regarding the implementation of independent project – contact the director of studies Katharina Meurer.
For administrative issues – contact Josefine Agrell at the course secretariat.