Asa High-yield Experimental Forest
The Asa High-yield Experimental Forest (HYEF) is a unique project addressing the potential effects of intensive forestry.
The goal is to increase biomass production by 50% before the year 2050 and at the same time monitor and evaluate environmental changes as a result of the intensive forest management. The Asa HYEF is located 40 km north of Växjö close to the Asa Experimental Forest and the Asa Research Station.
Asa HYEF offers interested researchers a unique opportunity to perform studies in an intensively managed southern boreal coniferous forest. We provide infrastructure, data and personnel resources in order to support new research projects - read more in Environmental monitoring and Future research projects.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or research ideas.
- 1700 ha of which 1470 ha is forest land
- Averaged site quality: 8,1 m3/ha and year
- Average standing volume: 148 m3s/ha
- Species composition: spruce 72%, pine 23%, broadleaves 5%
- Height over sea level: between 165 and 240 m
- Precipitation: ….., length of the growing season:…,temperature sum:…..