Upcoming climate conversations at SLU
SLU Global and the future platforms are organising a series of climate conversations during 2021 and 2022. Some of them are internal dialogues and others are open seminars. Use the upcoming links below for more information and registration.
In 2021 and 2022, the IPCC will launch its sixth assessment report, presenting the current scientific knowledge in reports on the physical science basis, mitigation, impacts, adaptation and vulnerability. The report will most likely get a lot of attention in Sweden and globally. The last IPCC assessment report came in 2014 and provided the scientific basis for the Paris Agreement.
SLU Global and SLU Future Food, SLU Future Forests, SLU Future One Health and SLU Urban Futures take the launch of the IPCC reports as an opportunity to increase the scientific conversation about climate change across disciplines at SLU, with a series of internal scientific dialogues, as well as open seminars with both external and SLU participants.
Almost 100 researchers and other staff contributed to the first internal scientific climate dialogue on 29 April. The dialogue was the first in a series of dialogues and seminars that will be held during the coming year. Next is an open seminar for both internal and external participants on 18 October. The event will be based on the Physical Science Basis-report released this summer by working group I in the Sixth Assessment Report, IPCC.
Upcoming climate conversations (more information and links will come):
- 18 October 2021 - Climate change challenges and cross-disciplinary ways forward - Open Seminar
- 3 November 2021 - Internal dialogue at SLU with invited speakers. It will be a good opportunity for inspiring and giving discussion. More information will come soon.
- January 2022 - Internal dialogue
- February 2022 - Open Seminar
- March 2022 - Internal dialogue
- April 2022 - External seminar
- June 2022 - Internal dialogue
- August 2022 - External seminar